hey there, gorgeous!
weekly nourishment and
receive my free guide:
How To Fall In Love
With Yourself

A Marvelous Birthday Surprise

If you’ve been following me on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook throughout the weekend you would have already figured out that the sudden vacation I revealed to you on Saturday was to Saskatchewan! :)

My Dad, Eddie, and I have been in cahoots with each other for the past couple of weeks working on a plan to surprise my Mom for her birthday. So, on Friday morning Eddie and I left London and made our way to Yorkton, Saskatchewan, where my parents live, to surprise my Mom for the weekend before her birthday.

Our 7:00 am from London took us to Calgary and then we had a three hour layover and then finally headed to Regina and arrived there just after one, but it wasn’t until we arrived to Yorkton that we were able to surprise my Mom ;)

We had the camera set up to catch her reaction on video…

And then waited for her to walk out to the backyard once she got home…

There were tears, laughs, hugs, and lots of love when she finally walked around the corner and saw us sitting there. She claims that it was “the best birthday surprise ever”

Our weekend in Saskatchewan was absolutely Marvelous!

Which is why I chose to share it with you on Marvelous Monday! :)

MiMM

Did you have a marvelous weekend? Is there anything marvelous happening in your Monday?

Love you all!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

35 Comments

Jolynn @ Lift Pray Love

August 19, 2013

How fun! Nothing particularly exciting for Monday but I’ll be 37 weeks pregnant this Thursday and that is marvelous :) The countdown continues!

August 30, 2013

that is super marvelous :D congrats xoxo

Audrey @ In Shape Cupcake

August 19, 2013

Aww thats like the sweetest birthday surprise ever! Love it!

August 30, 2013

my mom loved it too :D

Sara @ LovingOnTheRun

August 19, 2013

Awww this is so sweet! I am sure your mom had the best birthday ever since you could be there with her! :) I PR’d in a race on Sunday but besides that I just spent time with my husband and relaxed!

August 30, 2013

congrats on your PR sara :D

That is too sweet! haha. I love doing that. Surprises are so fun :) Last year I traveled back to the school I transferred out of to visit my old friends and just showed up at their dorm room. THAT was hysterical. My marvelous Monday is being spent at the beach cottage house. So it is definitely marvelous!

August 30, 2013

oooooooo i love spending time at my cottage :)

Liz @ I Heart Vegetables

August 19, 2013

Awww what a lovely surprise! That is so nice!

August 30, 2013

i’m so happy we were able to do it :)

Linz @ Itz Linz

August 19, 2013

this is so adorable! i didn’t realize it was a surprise trip for your momma! how special!!

August 30, 2013

yes :D a total surprise :D

Awe that’s so sweet! I surprised my mom with a visit for her birthday one year, and the tears of joy were flowing. What a wonderful thing for you and your boyfriend to do for your mom!

August 30, 2013

she loved it :D

Purelytwins

August 19, 2013

yay!!! don’t you just love surprises ?

glad you had a wonderful weekend with family, we did too ;)

Michelle @ 3cheaprunners

August 19, 2013

What an awesome surprise for your mom!…glad you got to go and celebrate with her

peaceloveandoats

August 19, 2013

what a great surprise for your mom! I hope you all had a great time!

August 30, 2013

we definitely did :D

lindsay

August 19, 2013

such a great time! you look very happy my little meg pie! <3 hehe.

August 31, 2013

baha! oh my i didn’t think i could possibly love you more, but i do! meg pie!? i love that hehe

Paige @ Your Trainer Paige

August 19, 2013

How sweet! Your mom is lucky to have you all :)

August 31, 2013

hey paige :D great to hear from you :D <3 i am lucky to have my mom too :D

Alyssa @ Road to RD

August 19, 2013

What a nice surprise! Sounds like a great weekend.

August 31, 2013

it truly was :D

Trudy

August 19, 2013

Glad it was a nice birthday surprise :D I live in Calgary!

August 31, 2013

that’s awesome :D i have family in calgary :D

sloanepitman

August 19, 2013

Looks like SO much fun honey! I’m so glad you got to do that for your mommy! I’m sure it was an incredibly special weekend. Loved all the pics!
    XOXO

August 31, 2013

it truly was an incredible weekend :D I hope you had a great time with your mama too :D

Giselle@myhealthyhappyhome

August 19, 2013

How fun that you went and surprised your mom!

August 31, 2013

it was so much fun :D

Elizabeth

August 20, 2013

What a fun surprise! So sweet!

August 31, 2013