Gnarly Nutrition & New Breakfast Recipe

by Meg on September 5, 2013

Good morning, friends!

Today I’m up bright and early to get ready for my first day of school. I have extreme butterflies and feel more nervous than I ever have for a first day of school before, but I think that’s a good sign. I have a really good feeling about this school year and I just want to soak it all up. I know I’m going to love it.

Something else I love is Gnarly Nutrition.

Screen Shot 2013-09-04 at 8.24.27 PM

I’ve spoke about Gnarly Nutrition on my blog before when I partnered up with them to host a giveaway for their whey protein powder, but I have even more exciting news!

I have continued to work and grow my relationship with them and am now a Diplomat of Gnar. What this means is that I’m going to be working with them even more closely, continue advertising for them, and begin writing blog posts for them on their own blog.

I’m really excited for this new partnership and hope that you give Gnarly Nutrition a try if you haven’t done so yet. They offer my favourite type of whey protein powder, which is an all natural whey protein powder that contains, 25g New Zealand whey protein, 5.5g BCAAs, 4g Glutamine and is gluten free, sweetened with Trulicious®, and no artificial flavours, colours, or sweeteners.

I have added a Gnarly Nutrition image in my sidebar, which will take you directly to their site. Once you’re there, you can purchase any of the amazing products that they offer. My personal favourite is their Chiseled Chocolate Whey Protein Powder, which is why I am sharing a recipe with you today using that exact protein powder as one of the ingredients!

I’m trying my very best to accomplish the goals I’ve set for myself this month. One of my goals is to try new recipes, whether that mean creating a new recipe of my own or trying delicious recipes that I’ve pinned on Pinterest or have taken special note of over the years, so I’m challenging myself to get out of my breakfast rut of eggs and toast or eggs and a bagel or eggs and sweet potatoes by trying new recipes especially at breakfast time.

Variety is good for the body, so I decided to switch things up yesterday for breakfast and I came up with a Chocolate Zucchini Oat ‘n Yogurt Bowl. I know. It’s a mouthful, but trust me, you’ll want to stuff your mouthful with this creation.

Chocolate Zucchini Oat ‘n Yogurt Bowl

1 c 2% plain Greek yogurt

1 serving Gnarly Chiseled Chocolate Whey Protein Powder

1 small zucchini, shredded (approximately 1 cup)

1/2 c old fashioned rolled oats

a splash of almond milk to help mix everything together

toppings of your choice.

Yesterday I topped this delicious breakfast with figs and walnuts.

Walnuts are one of my very favourite nuts. They are so buttery in flavour and high in omega 3 fatty acids. Figs also added a nice little kick to this yogurt and oat bowl. It was my first taste of fig of the season and it made me sad that I had waited until now to buy them! They added the perfect amount of sweetness and also added a good source of fibre and potassium to my meal.

I’m so happy I finally shared a new recipe with you. It’s been way too long. Sorry about that.

It’s school time now, though! I’m out the door!

Love,

Have you tried Gnarly Nutrition yet? Use my sidebar button and take a peak at their website! It’s my favourite whey protein powder :)

Victoria September 5, 2013 at 7:13 AM

I’m really confused, Meg. You said just last week that “The story behind Vega really resonates” with you. That story involves a commitment to plant-based nutrition. Now, just 7 days later, you are promoting a whey protein product. Can you explain how these things work together? And how these brands find it acceptable for you to work for both of them?

Amy September 6, 2013 at 8:26 AM

I had the same question!

Meg September 6, 2013 at 12:39 PM

I just answered Victoria’s question, so hopefully that clarifies things for you, too, Amy.

Meg September 6, 2013 at 12:39 PM

Hi Victoria, the brands actually do support me decision for advertising for them both. Thanks for the concern, though. I think a lot of people don’t realize that to use Vega you do not have to be a vegetarian for vegan at all. The company knows I am not, but were still thrilled to work with me as I am thrilled to work with them.

I choose to advertise for both companies because I include variety in my life. Like I said, I am not a vegan or vegetarian, but like to have the option of a plant based protein powder as I like to eat a plant based meal at least once throughout the week, like on Mondays.

I really enjoy both products and both brands are amazing and I love what they have to offer. I thought it was important to share with my readers two products that I love and use on a daily basis.

Linz @ Itz Linz September 5, 2013 at 7:59 AM

i’ve never heard of gnarly nutrition protein powder and i thought i’d heard of pretty much all proteins!! and walnuts and figs are always a good combo! :)

purelytwins September 5, 2013 at 9:56 AM

new breakfast bowl looks yummy :)

hope your first day goes well! xoxo

Alisha @ Alisha's Appetite September 5, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Congrats on being a diplomat! And good luck at your first classes today- you will do great :)

lindsay September 5, 2013 at 2:35 PM

ooh my goodness woman, i love this recipe and that you are trying to new foods! just wish i could come taste test!

Jordyn September 5, 2013 at 3:48 PM

this looks so cool! Do you just mix everything or do you cook it like oatmeal?

Jody - Fit at 55 September 5, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Need to check this out cause never heard of it! It is in stores & available or have to order online?

BTW, have you ever thought about adding share buttons? :) Tweet, Pin & all that….

Emily September 5, 2013 at 10:31 PM

I’m sure your first day of classes was amazing- I can’t wait to hear about everything that you learn this year! And I’ve never tried any gnarly nutrition products but they look/sound yummy!

Julie @ A Warrior and A Nurse September 6, 2013 at 7:42 AM

I’ve never heard of Gnarly nutrition protein powder. Right now, the only powder my hubby and I have been using is Shakeology, from Beachbody (the people who make P90X, Insanity, Focus T25, etc). It runs us a fairly steep price tag, though…about $99/month.