The Marvelous September Breakfast Challenge

by Meg on September 30, 2013

Good Monday morning, sweeties! I hope everyone had a wonderful marvelous weekend and has many marvelous things to share on this Marvelous Monday ;)

MiMM

My weekend was great! I had fun adventures at a new farmer’s market with my boyfriend on Saturday and a nice relaxing Sunday yesterday, which included sleeping in, making these pancakes, and a to Stratford with my boyfriend.

1377293_10153292749220497_120273391_n

Enough about my marvelous weekend, though. Let’s talk about this marvelous month, since it is the last day of September and all! (I still can’t believe October 1st is tomorrow!?)

Today I wanted to take some time to review the goals I set for myself this month and talk about what I have planned for next month, too.

My September goals included:

- Incorporate more nutrition into my posts

- Practice double unders

- Try one new recipe a week

- Participate in Meatless Mondays

- Make school my top priority

- Begin a gratitude journal

- Participate in Self Care September

Overall, I’m happy with how I did with the goals I set for myself. I tried my best to include more nutrition into my posts, I’ve improved on my double unders, I definitely made school my top priority, I have been writing one thing I’m grateful for each day in my gratitude journal, I participated in Self Care September, but I didn’t participate in any Meatless Mondays at all, but I did try a lot of new recipes! I also created a mini challenge for myself that wasn’t included in my list of “September goals”, but it turned out to be a huge accomplishment for me!

Each day of September I had a different breakfast. I made this challenge for myself in order to get out of my breakfast rut (I was having eggs every single morning and paired them with either toast or sweet potatoes) and I definitely broke the rut! For thirty days straight I had a different breakfast each and every day! :D

1011920_10153289480325497_883982589_n

I really enjoyed this challenge! It was so much fun and it forced me to get creative and try new recipes, too. I loved it so much and still have so many recipes I haven’t yet tried, particularly breakfast recipes, so I might continue this challenge into October, too!

PicMonkey Collage

So, in October I want to continue trying new recipes, creating new recipes, writing Tea Tuesday posts, making school my top priority, writing one thing I’m grateful for each day, and loving life, as always ;) I also want to begin to foam roll each day for at least 10 minutes.

What are your October goals? How did you do with your September goals? Do you want to do a breakfast challenge with me? Are you in a breakfast rut?

p.s. if you’re curious about which recipes I’ve tried check out my “Recipes I’ve Tried” board on Pinterest ;) I pin recipes as I try them!

Also, if you have a high five to tell me about please email me at adashofmeg@gmail.com :D For more information about High Five Friday please read here. Thank you to all of you who always participate in HFF! Make sure you read last week’s to see everyone’s accomplishments! :D

Linz @ Itz Linz September 30, 2013 at 6:26 AM

challenges are so fun :) i love trying to mix up foods and meals!

Jan @ Sprouts n Squats September 30, 2013 at 6:49 AM

Love the idea of a breakfast challenge! I always find things I love and then have it over and over and over again :)

I can’t wait to try Heather’s pancake recipe it looks so good!

Meg October 7, 2013 at 10:11 PM

definitely try it babe!

Corinne @ body got soul September 30, 2013 at 7:24 AM

Go Meg! You have inspired me to think of making some goals each month. Now if only I could actually achieve them like you do :) I have never foam rolled before but have been thinking about it for the last few weeks. Where did you get your foam roller from?

Meg October 7, 2013 at 10:12 PM

i got it from an independent store in Sask., but you can get them at a lot of places! Not too hard to find :) I’m not sure where you are located, so hard for me to suggest a specific store ;) sorry hun

Liz @ I Heart Vegetables September 30, 2013 at 7:32 AM

I can’t wait to read more about your goals and challenges! I love that you’re going to incorporate more nutrition stuff! Hope you have an amazing Monday, Meg!

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More September 30, 2013 at 7:55 AM

Oh man…I’m in serious need of a breakfast challenge. it’s so hard because I LOVE my morning breakfasts but I’m hoping I can get back into making oatmeal or smoothies or other such things for breakfast after this move. ;)

Sara @ LovingOnTheRun September 30, 2013 at 8:49 AM

I too have been trying to try out new recipes – though I think you did a much better job than me! This month my goal is to try out new recipes that involve pumpkin. I have never really made much with pumpkin so I am aiming to step out of my comfort zone!

Meg October 7, 2013 at 10:13 PM

i need to step out of my pumpkin comfort zone too babe!

Hannah R. September 30, 2013 at 9:48 AM

I’m so in on doing a different breakfast everyday of the month for October. Love switching things up:) And you kicked butt in September for your breakfast challenge!♡♡ good work!

Sarah @ The Smart Kitchen September 30, 2013 at 2:07 PM

When I was first trying to break out of calorie counting, that was my challenge to myself: break out of what is ‘safe’ and experiment! It definitely brought joy back to cooking, as well as breakfast. ;)

Cait @ PieceOfCait September 30, 2013 at 2:10 PM

Great post!!! I really need to switch up my breakfast, thanks for the ideas<3

Heather @ Better With Veggies September 30, 2013 at 3:10 PM

You did SOOO good on your breakfast challenge!! I think that makes up for not hitting every goal, although I had hoped to see your delicious creations in MMAZ. there’s always October! :)

Meg October 7, 2013 at 10:13 PM

so true! sorry about that girlfriend :( <3 and need to get on it

peaceloveandoats September 30, 2013 at 3:19 PM

I’ll definitely have to check out your pinterest board for some recipe ideas! I tend to stick to the same thing for a while though, but mostly because that’s always what I want!

Lauren @ Sweat The Sweet Stuff September 30, 2013 at 3:27 PM

Those were some great goals for September! I’ve done pretty good with my goals for the month. I definitely should foam roll every day too!

Jody - Fit at 55 September 30, 2013 at 3:41 PM

I always look forward to your Silver Hills bakery bread posts! :)

I am sort of a easy & no fuss so I will just relish in your posts & eat my boring ole way – I am OK with that! ;)

Meg October 7, 2013 at 10:14 PM

haha we are the silver hills queens :D

Eating 4 Balance September 30, 2013 at 4:46 PM

I love Stratford! I went to the Shakespeare Festival there a few weeks ago. My phone is being a pain in the behind so I haven’t posted photos yet, but it was so much fun :D

Great job with the breakfast challenge!

Meg October 7, 2013 at 10:14 PM

i love stratford so much too!

Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine September 30, 2013 at 4:52 PM

I have been doing at least 1 new recipe a week and I am loving it. It is renewing my love for food and getting me to try new things. I am totally with you on making school my #1 priority. I am letting other things take up to much of my time right now and need to refocus.

Meg October 7, 2013 at 10:14 PM

yay for new recipes!

purelytwins September 30, 2013 at 5:39 PM

you’re awesome!!! great job with changing up breakfast :)

Meg October 7, 2013 at 10:14 PM

thanks sisters :D definitely need to make your bread again and more of your recipes <3

Alisha @ Alisha's Appetite September 30, 2013 at 9:07 PM

What a cool challenge!! There was a about a month straight where all I ate for breakfast was eggs, toast and avocado. Every. Single. Day. I somehow got out of the rut!

Meg October 7, 2013 at 10:15 PM

it’s so hard to break the breakfast/food rut, but so worth it in the end!

Gina @ Health, Love, and Chocolate September 30, 2013 at 11:51 PM

I’m happy you loved switching up your breakfasts! I certainly loved seeing all the delicious pictures of your creations. Now that it is fall I have a feeling oats and pancakes will be making a comeback in my breakfast rotation.

Meg October 7, 2013 at 10:15 PM

yes! i want to use pumpkin more than i usually do, too!