hey there, gorgeous!
weekly nourishment and
receive my free guide:
How To Fall In Love
With Yourself

October Breakfast Challenge: Week 3

Happy Monday morning, friends! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Did you do anything exciting? I want to hear all about it!

On Friday night, Eddie and I went to the movies to see Runner Runner. Despite knowing the poor reviews, we went anyways because the trailer looked pretty good. It wasn’t all that good, though, so I wouldn’t suggest that you run over and see it πŸ˜‰ Saturday was a rainy day, so it was spent in the mall. Money was spent, as well πŸ˜‰ More on that in a future post! Sunday was a relaxing day as it included food prep for the week and a nice dinner at Eddie’s parents’ house followed by a cozy evening at home watching 42. And now it’s Monday…

This week’s recap of breakfasts is a good one! I’m absolutely loving the challengeΒ and have been more creative than ever before. I’m also becoming more in tune with my body and starting to really understand what it needs. For an example, on Wednesday the 16th, I wasΒ cravingΒ the leftover chicken thighs that we had for dinner the night before right when I woke up. So, instead of denying that craving to make a “pretty” breakfast, I rolled with it! Chicken thighs and sweet potatoes it was πŸ˜‰ I like to make my plates pretty and fancy, but they don’tΒ haveΒ to be. As long as they’re satisfying and nourishing my body with what it wants I’m good with it! :)

October 15 – Ashley’s Pumpkin Buckwheat BakeΒ served with 2% plain Greek yogurt and 1/2 banana

1383674_10153346042190497_1009413426_n

October 16 – Two chicken thighs with a side of baked sweet potato and 1 TBSP coconut butter for dessert (unpictured)

1380196_10153349491020497_2062040657_n

October 17 – Juli’s Protein Pumpkin Pie Chia Pudding

1382054_10153352821665497_1557480422_n

October 18 – Overnight Pumpkin Quinoa (recipe below) topped with 1 TBSP Nuttzo (unpictured)

1374816_10153356090175497_1900146645_n

October 19 – Ground turkey with sautΓ©ed onions, zucchini, and mushrooms topped with chopped fresh tomato, avocado, and nutritional yeast served along side a baked plantain coated in ghee

1376583_10153359655590497_663115118_n

October 20 – Steph’s Pumpkin Berry Chia Pudding with 1 scoop vanilla protein powder added into the mix and topped with extra goji berries and 1 TBSP coconut butter

1395199_10153363375310497_1514530789_n

October 21 – 2 eggs cooked in ghee with a Fuji apple

1374246_10153366742935497_1111999983_n

Overnight Pumpkin Quinoa

Serves one

Ingredients:
1 cup cooked quinoa
1 scoop protein powder
1/3 cup pure pumpkin puree
2 TBSP chia seeds
1 cup almond milk
cinnamon
stevia or sweetener of choice (optional)

Directions:
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Allow to sit overnight or for 30 minutes. Enjoy cold or hot!

I hope you’ve been enjoying my breakfast recaps and leave feeling inspired! Let me know if you try any of the recipes I’ve been sharing! I always love hearing what you’re making! πŸ˜€ Also, I forgot to mention that you don’t have to wait until Thanksgiving to make this recipe! You can make this delicious scramble any time of the year πŸ˜€

And a special congrats goes to Allison for winning the AMRAP Nutrition giveaway! πŸ˜€ Shoot me an email to adashofmeg@gmail.com and we’ll get your new workout top sent to you ASAP πŸ˜€

Have you made any new breakfast recipes lately? Which breakfast of mine looks most appealing to you?

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

41 Comments

Linz @ Itz Linz

October 21, 2013

I want all of your breakfasts!! :) :) Can’t wait to see what you bought during your shopping trip hehe

October 24, 2013

next week i will write that post πŸ˜‰ planning for wednesday! i think you will love

Jan @ Sprouts n Squats

October 21, 2013

I think the buckwheat bake is the hands down winner for me! I love how this week all of your recipes were mainly pumpkin based, so yummy :)

October 24, 2013

HAHA obsessed a bit????? :)

lindsay

October 21, 2013

oh my gosh, will you come stay with me next month and make them all? yum!

October 24, 2013

sure babe πŸ˜€ i would love that πŸ˜€

Sara @ LovingOnTheRun

October 21, 2013

Wow I think all of these looks pretty amazing! DELICIOUS!!

Aubrey

October 21, 2013

This has been so helpful for me!

October 24, 2013

that makes me so happy to hear πŸ˜€

Brooke

October 21, 2013

And I just pinned every single recipe on this page (including yours). Cannot get enough pumpkin, and breakfast all day long! Yum.

October 24, 2013

haha you’re awesome πŸ˜€ thanks for pinning πŸ˜€

Meg @ The Compost Cook

October 21, 2013

YUM! These pics/this challenge is so inspiring! I am totally making my grocery list of foods found in your pics! xoxox

October 24, 2013

aw yay πŸ˜€ let me know what you make πŸ˜€ you should join in on the challenge in November πŸ˜€

I love the idea of making overnight quinoa instead of overnight oats…what a great way to take in a nutritional powerhouse early in the morning!

October 24, 2013

it was great πŸ˜€ maybe even better than oats πŸ˜‰ i like quinoa better than oats all of the time any ways though hehe

That pumpkin buckwheat bake looks so yummy! You’re inspiring to get a little more adventurous with my breakfasts.

October 24, 2013

happy to be an inspiration πŸ˜‰ and i highly recommend the buckwheat bake :)

Alisha @ Alisha's Appetite

October 21, 2013

It all looks so good! I love that you are eating something new everyday for breakfast!

it is so much fun πŸ˜€

Jody - Fit at 55

October 21, 2013

Packed with amazing recipes!!! I need to be rich & get a cook cause I am lazy in the kitchen! πŸ˜‰ I like those easy ones with a short list of ingredients – yours looks delish!!! :)

October 24, 2013

thanks girl πŸ˜€ i wish i could come over and cook for you πŸ˜‰

Mitchell

October 21, 2013

I’m all about buckwheat at the moment, I can’t stop adding it to my granola, so the pumpkin buckwheat bake looks to die for!

It’s time for me to get cracking with the chia seeds – they’re in every recipe I want to make! Might have to pay a visit to iHerb today πŸ˜›

October 24, 2013

i highly recommend trying her buckwheat bake πŸ˜€ it was amazing! i need to make more!

Corinne

October 21, 2013

I’m coming to the end of one week of different breakfasts each day and I admit I’m struggling to find the time or inspiration each morning – I’m just always running late!! But I’m keeping you in mind and trying :) xx

October 24, 2013

awwww that’s so sweet! i would recommend trying a variety of different chia puddings? πŸ˜‰ great to make the night before if you have busy mornings!

Emily

October 21, 2013

Ahhh…I really, really need to start changing up my breakfast routine. I just don’t really care about breakfast that much and always wind up grabbing fruit and a protein bar or toast as I’m running around. You’re definitely inspiring me though! I’m eyeing that buckwheat bake more than anything…mmm…

October 24, 2013

oh sis! try the buckwheat bake! i made it the night before so i could have a quick grab for breakfast πŸ˜€ i never bake in the morning i always bake ahead of time πŸ˜€

The ground turkey + plantain has my mouth watering!
    The best breakfast I’ve had lately was eggs scrambled in coconut oil and sprinkled with sea salt. Simple but I love it!

October 24, 2013

the plantain breakfast was one of my favourites! so amazing! i need to have it again, but for lunch πŸ˜‰

allison

October 21, 2013

AHH thank you for making my Monday!!! I seriously read this as walking out of work! =)
    All your breakfasts look amazing! I made egg in a squash yesterday for breakfast-lunch & thought of you!

October 24, 2013

hahahahahaha CUTE <3 you should have sent me a pic!

GiGi Eats Celebrities

I’m ALL ABOUT the chicken thighs for breakfast πŸ˜€

yay πŸ˜€

18. Pingback: Tea Tuesday: Honey Bee

jodye @ whole pure recipes

October 22, 2013

All of your breakfasts look amazing, meg! I especially love the dessert (coconut butter) with breakfast. I say dessert with every meal is perfectly acceptable! I’ve never been one for savory breakfasts, but maybe if sweet potatoes were in the mix I could get on board.

October 24, 2013

oh definitely πŸ˜‰ i love my savoury breakfasts! YUM!

Lauren @ Focused To Be Fit

October 22, 2013

Yum!! Is it weird doing savory for breakfast? I guess eggs aren’t sweet, but it seems so odd to have chicken or veggies for breakfast. It’d take some getting used to for me!

October 24, 2013

i love savoury breakfasts πŸ˜€ i’ve always been that kind of person though πŸ˜‰ i can have leftovers for breakfast: chicken, fish, chilli, steak, anything!

Hannah R.

October 22, 2013

All these look awesome! I’m making your overnight pumpkin quinoa tonight to take to work with me in the morning! Can’t wait to try it:)

October 24, 2013

so happy you made it babe πŸ˜€

22. Pingback: WIAW in Jackson Hole, WY! | Strength in Freedom