November Excitement and a New Favourite Brand

by Meg on October 30, 2013

Often people complain about time passing by so quickly

But, I’m not about to complain about the leaves starting to fall and the weather becoming colder.

Although I do love summer weather (it’s actually my favourite) and months, I’ve actually been itching for November to get here. So, I’m pretty excited that it’s only two days away.

I’ve been awaiting November for two reasons in particular:

My Dad is coming to visit me at the beginning of the month.

I haven’t seen my Dad since August and he hasn’t been here since June, so I’m really excited for his visit! Eddie and I already have a ton of fun things planned to do with him!

Another exciting visit will be when my Mom comes at the end of November!

Again, it’s been since August since I’ve seen my Mom and she hasn’t been to see me since June, either, so I cannot wait for her to come! Although she is coming for the removal of my four wisdom teeth, I am sure we’ll have a ton of fun girl time ;) I can’t see why having oral surgery would prevent me from shopping with my Mom and going for manicures and pedicures ;) Our traditions will still carry on even if I do have a swollen face.

Other things I’m excited for are:

- Starting a new course at school mid-November. This course will be Symptomology II. So far out of all of the courses I’ve taken, Symptomology I was my favourite, so I’m really excited for the second course.

- Starting to workout at a new gym. Yesterday I started a membership at a new gym. I wasn’t feeling motivated or excited to go to the gym I had been going to for the past 3 years, so I switched gyms and completed my very first workout there yesterday! It was great and I felt comfortable working out there. I’m leaving for there soon, actually, and I love not having that “I rather workout at home” feeling that I had each time leaving for my old gym.

- Cooler weather. Ok, so I’m not excited for snow and freezing cold weather, but cool weather I like and enjoy. I like weather toques and feeling cozy in my jacket, but when the temperatures drop to where my jacket doesn’t make me feel cozy I’m not a fan. Having said that, I just purchased a new toque to keep me warm this winter and I can’t wait to share it with you!

I bought this toque from North by Northwest and it’s my new favourite thing because the brand is absolutely amazing and it’s super cute and comfortable!

The company that made this toque is called Krochet Kids Intl. and it’s incredibly unique!

This is how Krochet Kids Int. started:

“The “Krochet Kids” were what our three founders were called when they started a beanie company while they were in high school. Kohl’s older brother taught them the craft that later became the initial tool used to empower people in Uganda to rise above poverty and forge an innovative model for impacting the world through business.”

Their mission, vision, and values are worth sharing, too:

MISSION

Empower people to rise above poverty.

VISION
To create sustainable economic development programs that support holistic growth of individuals and communities living in poverty.

To inspire the knowledge of a generation about their ability to bring change to a world that is in need.

VALUES
People: We desire holistic freedom for our people to grow and enrich their lives physically, emotionally, and spiritually.

Our Product: We believe in quality, handmade products that not only bring comfort and style but serve as a vehicle for social change.

Love: We believe actions rooted in love bring lasting and powerful change. Our model for love is that of Jesus.”

One of the neatest things about this company is that you actually know how made your article of clothing:

“Every product we make is hand-signed by the person who made it. We encourage you to visit the profile of the woman who made your KKi product, so you can learn her story and how she is being empowered. Write a note of thanks and encouragement to let her know you are rooting her on!”

The woman who made your product signs the tag on the inside and you’re able to connect with her online!

Now if that isn’t amazing, I don’t know what is! :D

Have you come across Krochet Kids Intl. products yet? Would you purchase one now after knowing more about the brand? What are you looking forward to about November?

See you tomorrow with the details about the November Breakfast Challenge! :D

Love,

Linz @ Itz Linz October 30, 2013 at 7:58 AM

i’ve never heard of krochet kids intl! cool though! so excited for your parents’ visit!! and wisdom teeth out booo i had that done several years ago.

Sara @ LovingOnTheRun October 30, 2013 at 8:53 AM

I have never heard of this company but it sounds awesome!

Good for you for switching gyms! sometimes you just get burnt out of a place and it is important to do something new different – sometimes a change of scenery is just what you need!

Krysten Siba Bishop (@darwinianfail) October 30, 2013 at 9:07 AM

Hurray for family visits!
Also love the picture of the pup! So sweet!

Meg October 31, 2013 at 9:51 PM

thanks babe!

Laura @losingrace October 30, 2013 at 9:49 AM

That’s so exciting you will have family visiting, I’m sure it will be great to see them!

November has a lot of excitement, Going to NYC this weekend to cheer at the marathon and site see in the city (it’s been 13 years since I have been there…-except on layovers which don’t count!). Also have some races, and thanksgiving will be nice to spend some good family time together. Also just really excited for training this month, final month before my last marathon of the year and I am pumped to hit it hard and get where I want to be!

Meg October 31, 2013 at 9:52 PM

have fun in NYC!

Keri October 30, 2013 at 9:59 AM

You are BEAUTIFUL, inside and out! Enjoy the time with your family! xo

Meg October 31, 2013 at 9:52 PM

thanks Keri :) xo

Melissa @ Treats With a Twist October 30, 2013 at 2:49 PM

I’ve heard of them!! I saw a special on TV once and I wish I could remember which station it was. It was probably a 20/20 special or something like that.
I think that switching gyms was a smart move. I get very bored quickly of my gym. I joined a new gym in May and really needed it. I was dreading the gym I was going to. Plus, new gyms give you confidence to try new things since you aren’t in the rut of your old surroundings anymore.

Meg October 31, 2013 at 9:53 PM

ahhhh i was dreading my gym too babe! yay for us getting new ones :D

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More October 30, 2013 at 2:55 PM

What a sweet company, thanks for sharing! :)
And I just hate when you’re at a gym that doesn’t leave you motivated, that’s why I can’t workout at home because I can’t find that same motivation. Thankfully my gym does provide that motivation (at least 90% of the time) and knowing I might run into “gym boy” at certain times definitely helps me stay on my A-game. ;)

Meg October 31, 2013 at 9:54 PM

hahaha oh la la gym boy? ;) something you need to tell me? ;)

emskiruns October 30, 2013 at 3:46 PM

wow Krochet Kids Intl sounds amazing I love the way you can know who made your product and you can connect with them too that’s such an exciting new idea. I would definitely buy something from them as I love the unique ideas gutted that at the moment they don’t ship over to the UK :( Hoping this will be available soon.
Hope you have fab times with your mom and dad that will be great having them visit – and of course the tooth pain and swollen face won’t hinder shopping and mani/pedi time! I had help a friend move and meet loads of her new friends all male the other day with wisdom pain and the whole right side of my face swollen and gross you can totally handle shopping – can always wear a scarf around your face esp if it’s cold – new fashion trend?!
x

Meg October 31, 2013 at 9:54 PM

i hope they ship to the UK soon too girl! :)

Jan @ Sprouts n Squats October 30, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Enjoy the time with your parents <3

So excited for the details of the challenge I've just posted my recap of the 29 breakfast I did in October and it is kind of amazing seeing them all. So happy you started this challenge, such a great idea!

Meg October 31, 2013 at 9:55 PM

gosh i love your excitement! i can’t thank you for all of the amazing support

Jody - Fit at 55 October 30, 2013 at 7:24 PM

I LOVE the look of your new gym, that cool company & their mission – love & just how cute you are! :)

Meg October 31, 2013 at 9:55 PM

you’re such an amazing friend jody! thanks for being so loving :)

purelytwins October 30, 2013 at 8:14 PM

never heard of Krochet Kids Intl. –sounds awesome.
yay for finding a new gym that fits you better :)
HUGS

Meg October 31, 2013 at 9:56 PM

i think you’d love the brand! :D

Kelsey October 30, 2013 at 10:25 PM

What a cool company! I think I’ve heard of them! It would be such a great opportunity to be able to start a brand that give back like that.

Livi October 30, 2013 at 11:23 PM

november= fall! and I love my scarves and boots :)

Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope October 31, 2013 at 4:25 AM

So nice that your family is coming to visit! How many wisdom teeth do you have?? I had 4 impacted and it wasn’t fun, but it’s a pretty quick recovery. Just remember to keep the area clean from food particles (I got an infection from that) and to take it easy a few days with very little movement, even walking, so you don’t get dry sockets (I also had this issue). You’ll do great though :)

Such a cute knit hat for the cold weather!

Meg October 31, 2013 at 9:57 PM

i always love your comments :) they are always so precious and thoughtful <3

i have to get all four removed! thanks for all of the tips sweetie