November Breakfast Challenge: Days 19 – 25

by Meg on November 25, 2013

Good Monday morning, loves!

How was your weekend?

Mine was one of the best! I’m so grateful my Mom is here and that I’m recovering so well after having all four of my wisdom teeth removed this past Friday. It really didn’t affect me much at all. No swelling, no bruising, not much pain at all, but I did still take it easy. No GPP for me these past few days, but my Mom, Eddie, and I did spend a few hours in the mall on Saturday and got out to see The Hunger Games Catching Fire, too! Although we didn’t enjoy the movie at all really, this sashimi dinner definitely made up for it!

1476580_10153518447630497_393634940_n

Luckily my Mom and Eddie aren’t fans of sashimi because I wasn’t about to share this boat with anyone ;)

Speaking of good food, this past weeks worth of breakfasts have been amazing. Maybe the best week yet? I’ve tried many new recipes and they are all winners! Enjoy today’s recap of the November Breakfast Challenge and I hope you leave feeling inspired! :D

November 19 – Protein Squash Waffles by Lori and Michelle topped with ghee, coconut oil, plain 2% Greek yogurt, almond milk, and cinnamon

1468656_10153490375090497_1944287908_n

November 20 – Chocolate Coconut Flour Pancakes by Wendy layered with 2% plain Greek yogurt and warm cherries (recipe to come)

1426172_10153494768720497_680321514_n

November 21 – Apple Pie Chia Pudding (recipe below)

1453401_10153499941290497_1927113796_n

November 22 – Chocolate Avocado Pudding

1441484_10153507593430497_1223564615_n

November 23 – Sautéed onions and mushrooms and 2 fried eggs seasoned with pepper over a bed of steamed kale sprinkled with nutritional yeast

996060_10153515702685497_1024835081_n

November 24 – Amanda’s Double Chocolate Mug Cake layered between avocado whipped Greek yogurt

946976_10153519983930497_1869855438_n

November 25 – Gingerbread Chia Pudding, Cinnamon Spiked Greek Yogurt, and Warmed Pears (recipe will be posted tomorrow)

1470337_10153523521760497_1987316205_n

Apple Pie Chia Pudding
Serves 1

Ingredients:
1 1/2 c almond milk*
3 TBSP chia seeds
1 small – medium apple, grated
1 scoop vanilla protein powder, optional
1/2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
1/2 tsp cinnamon

In a blender, blend together all ingredients except chia seeds and apple. Once all ingredients are blended together, add in chia seeds and grated apple. Allow to set for at least 30 minutes before serving.

I served my chia pudding warm by heating it in the microwave for a couple of minutes and topped it will cold plain Greek yogurt and extra cinnamon. I love topping my chia puddings with Greek yogurt. I really enjoy the contrast between textures.

*Any liquid can be used and amount needed may vary due to the size of your apple, if you used protein powder, etc.

How was your weekend? Which breakfast of mine would you like to try this week?

P.S. make sure if you did anything that you’re proud of this weekend to let me know so I can feature you in the upcoming High Five Friday post :D

Linz @ Itz Linz November 25, 2013 at 7:53 AM

oh my gosh your apple pie chia pudding sounds so good but i don’t feel like waiting 30 minutes lol. maybe i’ll make it tonight for tomorrow morning!!

Cat November 25, 2013 at 8:18 AM

Oh all your breakkies look so good don’t make me choose! Haha I think the pancakes won it for me ;)

Sara @ LovingOnTheRun November 25, 2013 at 8:45 AM

Wow delicious!! These all put my breakfasts to shame. I am creature of habit and tend to eat most of the same things every morning!

Dominique @ That's What Domi Said November 25, 2013 at 9:16 AM

Um, gingerbread chia pudding? What? I am all about that! Can’t wait for the recipe!! :)

Sweetly Fit November 25, 2013 at 11:29 AM

the apple pie chia pudding sounds amazing!!! You know i will be trying it out! ;) Great creativity with the breakfasts Meg!

Megan (The Lyons' Share) November 25, 2013 at 11:33 AM

I love seeing the shift in your tastes from week to week … this week seems much more sweet than savory, which means that I would want to try every single one of these breakfasts :). And I’d eat the savory one for a lunch or dinner! Can’t wait to try the apple chia pudding, and very glad your wisdom teeth removal didn’t affect you too much!

Jolynn @ Lift Pray Love November 25, 2013 at 11:55 AM

The avocado pudding looks so creamy!!! And I ordered some fit protein to try those waffles. Bam!

Tara | Treble in the Kitchen November 25, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Yum! I missed a couple of pictures of my breakfast over the weekend, but I have stuck through and I am still going strong with the challenge!!! The only negative part about this challenge? If I really love something I make, I have to wait until the end of the month to try it again!

Taylor November 25, 2013 at 1:44 PM

I definitely want to try that chia pudding! You got me hooked on them way back when with the cottage cheese chia concoction (say that 10x fast!)!

I wanted to perhaps submit something for this week’s HFF? I ran my first half marathon yesterday (the St. Pete Women’s Half) and clocked in a time of 1 hour 46 minutes 15 seconds and placed 84th out of 2852!

Gina @ Health, Love, and Chocolate November 25, 2013 at 3:12 PM

I’m so glad you had a good time with your mom there! I can’t believe you had barely any side effects from the wisdom teeth removal, that is seriously lucky. And that sahshimi…mmm!

Jody - Fit at 56 November 25, 2013 at 3:37 PM

Such amazing recipes – I will take one of each & can’t wait for that recipe tomorrow!!! :) Glad your mouth is better!

Jan @ Sprouts n Squats November 25, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Glad to hear having your wisdom teeth taken out went so well, I’ve heard some bad stories before about it.

Shame you didn’t enjoy Catching Fire, I’m seeing it tomorrow and am really looking forward to it.

I will have to try your apple pie pudding it looks delicious!!

What another awesome week of breakfasts!! I can’t believe the challenge is nearly coming to an end. Makes me wonder what next? ;)

Livi November 25, 2013 at 8:07 PM

looks yummy– especially that gingerbread chia pudding!!

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More November 25, 2013 at 8:59 PM

I need that avocado chocolate pudding! NEED.NOW. ;)

Lindsay November 25, 2013 at 9:14 PM

I would have shared the sashimi with you!! Or ordered Another hehe

Dolce November 26, 2013 at 8:48 AM

All those recipes make me so hungry, good thing it is almost breakfast time for me :) Question though, do you think using regular cow’s 2% milk would work with your chia pudding recipe?

Meg November 27, 2013 at 8:06 AM

most definitely :D

Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope November 27, 2013 at 5:04 AM

So glad to hear that you’re feeling better already! You’re definitely a fast healer!

All those breakfasts look so good! Is that chia pudding pretty thick in consistency or more runny? I need to try it out!