Ginger Spice Pear Chia Pudding

by Meg on November 28, 2013

I can’t believe the week with my Mom is over.

She arrived in London last Wednesday and left bright and early this morning. Any amount of time I get to spend with my Mom is a blessing, but this week went by way too fast. It’s always hard to see my parents leave when they come to visit me, but luckily I’ll be flying home in December to see them and I’m sure the time between now and then will fly by, too.

So, for now, I’ll focus on things that make me happy. Like chia pudding. Chia pudding makes me really happy. As I mentioned yesterday, I’m always created new flavour combinations for my chia puddings. Lately, I’ve been creating concoctions using fruits that are in season. Right now, pears are in season, so I had to make a chia pudding with a pear, which I purchased from a local farmer here in London.

Pears are high in fibre, vitamin C, and potassium. They are also one of my favourite fruits!

996646_10153485786960497_291082236_n

Ginger Spice Pear Chia Pudding

Serves 1

Ingredients:

1 c almond milk*
3 TBSP chia seeds
1 ripe pear
1/2 tsp ginger, grated
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 scoop vanilla protein powder, optional

*Depending on how thick you like your chia pudding and whether or not you add protein powder, you may have to increase the amount of liquid up to 1/4 – 1/2 cup.

Directions:

In a blender, blend all ingredients except chia seeds until smooth. Once smooth, add chia seeds and allow them to absorb the liquid for at least 30 minutes, but the longer the better. I usually allow my chia puddings to set overnight.

Ginger and cinnamon are two of my favourite spices and pair perfectly with this seasonal fruit! I enjoyed this chia pudding for breakfast or snack and sprinkled a little more cinnamon on top for garnish!

Do you like pears? How do you like to eat your pears? Do you have any favourite pear recipes?

See you tomorrow with High Five Friday! :D Please email me your submissions at adashofmeg@gmail.com if you haven’t done so yet :D

Love love love,

lindsay November 28, 2013 at 7:17 AM

i love that combo. It’s so refreshing but still holidayish, ya know? come make me some. xxoo please!

Amanda Browning November 28, 2013 at 7:38 AM

I love pears, they are my favourite fruit! I used to feel boring saying that, but in my world pear is the best! I love the fibre content, and how easy they are to find local. It’s perfect because I am a spring summer girl so when fall and winter come around at least I know the pears are out too! I honestly like to eat them as they are. Sometimes they get a sprinkle of cinnamon or dipped in almond butter, but not usually! I will admit to enjoying them sliced thin on toast with tahini too!

Linz @ Itz Linz November 28, 2013 at 8:28 AM

yum!! i do really like pears – usually just eat them plain! :)

Jody - Fit at 56 November 28, 2013 at 8:47 AM

Love this & yes, I like pears! I warm them up with a little simmering on the stove top with water & some cinnamon & stevia – delish! I pour over yogurt.. :)

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More November 28, 2013 at 1:50 PM

YUM!! Seriously, why haven’t I made chia pudding yet?!

Miss Polkadot November 28, 2013 at 5:23 PM

I’m so happy to hear you had a great time with your mum! Fingers crossed for time to fly by extra fast until you fly home!
Usually I like pears but it depends on the kind. There are some really awesome sweet ones and those too crisp and bland (?) for my liking. My favourite way is just eating them plain.

Jan @ Sprouts n Squats November 28, 2013 at 6:54 PM

Glad to hear you enjoyed the time with your mum even if it went by way too quick. December will be here before you know it!

That pudding looks yum!! I used to eat pears chopped up and microwaved so they went soft and mushy and I’d eat it with seeds, may sound like an odd snack but it was really good.

Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope November 29, 2013 at 5:16 AM

I need to try this… love pears! :)

Megan (The Lyons' Share) November 29, 2013 at 9:57 AM

I love pears and ginger but I never would have thought to blend the pears with the almond milk before setting overnight! Can’t wait to try this!

Hannah R. November 29, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Ok I really need to try all your chia pudding recipes! They all sound so delicious, girl!

Emily December 1, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Yeeee! I [finally] bought chia seeds a few days ago after trying chia pudding at a vegan restaurant near me. I can’t wait to try out all of your recipes!!!

Meg December 1, 2013 at 9:47 PM

this makes me so happy, love :) text me and we can chat chia ;) LOL