High Five Friday #94

by Meg on November 29, 2013

Good morning, my loves!

I hope everyone has had a great week! Mine was great. I had tons of fun with my Mom, but am now enjoying being back to reality, too, as she flew back home yesterday.

I have a lunch date with one of my best friends planned for today and then a weekend filled with homework. I hope you all have a great weekend and want to wish a very happy Thanksgiving to all of my American friends!

But, before we get too excited for the weekend, let’s celebrate High Five Friday first :)

highfivefriday

We have a short, but sweet High Five Friday today. Only two submissions! If you’d like to submit a high five to appear in next week’s High Five Friday post please read more about High Five Friday here and email me at adashofmeg@gmail.com

Jan – “My High Five Friday this week is that as of tomorrow I will have gone 59 days without repeating a breakfast on your October and November Breakfast Challenge. So excited to have done this challenge and have found a lot of great new breakfast ideas as a result.”

Miss Polkadot – “This week I want to give myself a High Five for finishing the first week of my new internship with a small ‘success’ already. It’s a local newspaper so no worldshaking articles but simply working again is amazing. I also adapted to the move involved with this better than I thought.”

My high five this week is for going to bed at 8:30 last night!

At 8:00 pm last night, I could have sworn it was 11:00 pm. I was so tired. I even fell asleep in the passenger seat on the way home from the mall with Eddie. Instead of fighting it, looking at my To Do List and trying to finish some more things before bed, I decided to crawl into bed at 8:30 and it felt so good. I got over 9 hours of sleep last night and feel amazing today!

What are you giving yourself a high five for today? Remember, anything counts! Tell me why you are proud of yourself this week!

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More November 29, 2013 at 9:22 AM

I love just crawling into bed early! While sometimes it’s nice to stay up a bit later, when I’m THAT tired, I know I’m better off just going to bed!

Sara @ LovingOnTheRun November 29, 2013 at 9:37 AM

I’m proud of myself for getting in my workouts this weak, it well for almost the entire week, and not over doing it yesterday! The first Thanksgiving in a while I went to bed feeling not stuffed!

Emily November 29, 2013 at 2:05 PM

I’m giving myself a big high five because I allowed myself to ENJOY my somewhat indulgent thanksgiving meal yesterday instead of obsessing over every calorie or nutrient that was going into my mouth! I was, as expected, very very full after I finished but I reminded myself that it was a TOTALLY NORMAL feeling on thanksgiving, so I was able to get out of my head and just enjoy being with my family :)

Jan @ Sprouts n Squats November 29, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Sounds like you did the right thing and got the sleep your body needed.

I can’t believe today marks the last day of the breakfast challenge! So happy your started it and can’t believe how long we’ve both gone without a change!

Thanks for hosting HFF as always and I hope you have a great weekend

Hannah R. November 29, 2013 at 9:18 PM

Nice job on all those different breakfasts’!!

Mary @ Fit and Fed November 30, 2013 at 11:00 AM

A really good night’s sleep does deserve a high five! This week my body was telling me I needed a rest break from skating so I didn’t skate Wednesday, and thanks to the holiday here and a hockey tournament taking all the ice time it’s going to turn out to be a four day break. Yesterday, the third day off, my legs were feeling so good…. sometimes a break can be just the thing.