Fig & Coffee Chia Pudding

by Meg on December 5, 2013

Figs are, in my opinion, one of the worlds’ most beautiful fruits 574564_10153476605970497_818139273_n I have no idea why it took me so many years to try one. It wasn’t until last year that I tried my very first fig and now whenever I get a chance, I buy as many as I can. So, the last time I was at the market and saw fresh figs for sale I bought enough to last me a while! Naturally, I’ve been enjoying them with chia puddings like the ones you see above and below. 1472016_10153535435740497_1696752150_n

Fig pairs perfectly with chocolate, cacao nibs, and pistachios, but last night I came up with another delicious flavour combination.

Figs and coffee.

1452013_10153562054595497_512847741_n

Coffee Chia Pudding with Fresh Figs

Serves

1 1/2 cups strong coffee
1 scoop vanilla protein powder, optional*
3 TBSP chia seeds
fresh figs, chopped
cacao nibs

*If you choose to leave the protein powder out of the recipe, reduce coffee to 1 cup

Blend coffee and protein powder together. Once mixed, add chia seeds to coffee mixture. Allow to set for at least 30 minutes, but the longer is better. I always allow my chia puddings to set overnight.
When ready to serve, top chia pudding with chopped figs and cacao nibs. Enjoy!

This was my first time making a coffee chia pudding, but it most definitely won’t be the last. It was absolutely delicious and a nice change from my go to chocolate or vanilla flavours.

I was debating whether or not to pair this coffee chia pudding with banana or figs, but Eddie suggested figs. He thought it was a better match and he was most definitely right.

Figs are a good source of fibre, potassium, manganese, iron, and vitamins B6, A, and C. They are also delicious, so I love including them in my diet.

Other than topping my chia puddings with figs, I plan to try these recipes, too:

Fig Plantain Bread Pudding by Lori and Michelle
Caramelized Figs by Steph
Fig, Caramelized Onion, and Bacon Jam by Kristina
Greek Yogurt with Coffee Fig Compote by Jill

or maybe I should try some of my own fig recipes ;)

Have you made coffee chia pudding before? Will you? What would you pair your coffee chia pudding with?

Do you have fig recipes for me to try?

Linz @ Itz Linz December 5, 2013 at 6:46 AM

ok ok ok i’ll get on this fresh fig train you’re on!!! :)

Steph December 5, 2013 at 7:24 AM

Meg! Figs are my favorite favorite :) Thank you for the shout out lady!

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More December 5, 2013 at 8:07 AM

I’ve never had figs before! I know everyone says they’re so good so I’m not sure why I’ve never had them. They either must not carry them at Trader Joes or I miss them every time so i don’t think about it.

…and seriously, my chia pudding didn’t work! I think I needed to stir/shake it again before I went to bed last night and forgot but all the seeds were sitting at the bottom in one big clump with the almond milk sitting on the top. I gave it another shake and stir as I made something else for breakfast and I’m hoping maybe it will be lunch…

Keri December 5, 2013 at 10:15 AM

I must admit, I am not a huge fan of chia pudding, but your recipes look delicious! And, I am going to go out and buy me some figs!!!

Kelsey December 5, 2013 at 10:55 AM

GIrl you are killin’ me with these creations! This looks incredible! I loooove figs but in GA they are sooo expensive!

Caitlin December 5, 2013 at 11:02 AM

This recipe looks like it calls for 11 1/2 cups coffee. I know you meant 1 1/2 cups coffee, but just wanted to let you know :)

Livi December 5, 2013 at 1:01 PM

anything with coffee flavor– I’m in!

Emily December 5, 2013 at 4:59 PM

Chia seeds in COFFEE?! I die. <3

Jody - Fit at 56 December 5, 2013 at 11:03 PM

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have done the chia in coffee before – :)

Giselle@myhealthyhappyhome December 5, 2013 at 11:21 PM

I’m not a huge fan of fresh figs but love dried ones! Although this recipe sounds pretty good!

Jan @ Sprouts n Squats December 6, 2013 at 2:29 AM

I actually don’t drink coffee anymore. A few years ago I was downing 4+ cups a day and decided it was too much and quit cold turkey.

This recipe looks delicious though! I’ve never actually made anything myself at home with figs before but I really need to change that.

Brittany @ Delights and Delectables December 6, 2013 at 9:15 AM

must try sis!! I can’t find figs around me anymore! boo!

Amanda @runtothefinish December 6, 2013 at 10:48 AM

your food always looks so pretty!! mine usually looks like a mess, but tastes good :)