Thursday Thoughts: 01/16

Thursday Thoughts: 01/16

Thursday Thoughts: 01/16

Good morning, loves!

There’s something about Thursday Thoughts posts that I absolutely love. I’m able to allow my mind to flow, write whatever I feel, and not talk about one particular topic. Anything goes. It should actually be called Thursday Blab. But everyone likes a little alliteration every now and then, so we will stick with Thursday Thoughts ;)
I also always think of Katie when I write Thursday Thoughts posts, so that’s a bonus! ;)

1. I have a case of the sniffles. I hardly ever get sick. I actually think I managed to bypass any type of cold or flu through all of 2013, but on Monday morning (within five minutes) I went from feeling 100% to having a headache, swollen glands, and a stuffed up nose.

So, I’ve been sipping on herbal teas and getting into bed earlier than usual. I’m going to kiss this sinus cold good bye!

2. I completed 2 days of my new 4 day workout split I wrote myself and love it so far! I will definitely share all 4 of the workouts I will be doing for the next few weeks with you next week, so keep your eyes open if you’re in need of a new workout routine and want to follow along with me!

3. Last night I made an amazing dinner for Eddie’s parents and I. They gave me permission to make them whatever I want, so I’m taking advantage by searching through my favourite blogs and my pins to create some mouth watering meals for us!

Dinner last night was a huge hit! I made Kristen’s Teriyaki Chicken and served it on top of Leanne’s Coconut Cauliflower Rice then garnished it all off with fresh green onions :)

1545866_10153708960940497_38321204_n

It was fab and Eddie’s Mom said these exact words – “I could eat this every night!” Oh, that warmed my heart! :)

4. For Christmas, Eddie bought me some Lululemon clothes – one thing being the Just Be Short Sleeve Tee.

That’s me wearing it there along with the new pants he got me, too. I was in love with that shirt. I kid you not I probably wore it every single day since I opened my gift on Christmas morning. Don’t worry – it was washed a few times before then and now. Anyways, I wore it to the gym on Sunday over top of one of my other tank tops, took it off in the middle of the workout when I was warmed up, and then… left it there! And, of course, it’s no longer there. It’s not in the lost and found – no where. Someone took my sweaty Lululemon top. I’m rattled.

5. I have a quiz this morning on nutrition for mental health. I’m learning so much in this course called Body, Mind, Spirit, particularly about mental health, and would love to share some of my knowledge and since January is mental health awareness month, I was thinking of starting a little series of mental health posts. Would you be interested?

6. I have the best and most supportive Dad ever.

photo

7. Tomorrow’s High Five Friday, so don’t forget to email me at adashofmeg@gmail.com with your high fives :D

8. I love you guys!

What are some of your Thursday thoughts? Do you have a good recipe in mind that I should make? Give me the link!

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

52 Comments

Liz @ I Heart Vegetables

January 16, 2014

I would love to read a series on health posts! I’m also so happy you have such a supportive dad :) that’s always wonderful!

January 16, 2014

i am so happy you’d be interested in that series :) i will have to start working on it ;)

Linz @ Itz Linz

January 16, 2014

yum that chicken does look good! and that’s so annoying (and gross) some took your lulu top!! i feel like everyone has gotten or is sick this season…. i got sick a month or so ago and i NEVER get sick! take care of yourself – don’t push too hard :) :)

January 16, 2014

thanks Linz :) hopefully i will feel better tomorrow. i have been taking it easy!

Livi

January 16, 2014

ugh!! That’s the worst! I’ve lost a few water bottles and pullovers at the gym! It always shocks me that someone wants my sweat…. guess it’s not as smelly as I thought ;)

I was disgusted too! Lulu or not I would never STEAL anything

Heather

January 16, 2014

I found this recipe the other day and it’s a perfect real food snack!, especially if you’re a fan of sesame and carrots: http://www.realfoodhealthybody.com/2014/01/carrot-tahini-balls.html?m=1 I followed your cauliflower rice link here and can’t wait to try it.

January 16, 2014

Oh awesome! Thanks Heather – I appreciate it :)

Heather

January 16, 2014

Also in response to your lost lulu :( That’s the worst. It’s good timing though because I just got an email about this online warehouse sale. You might find something similar? I found it at 5am and I’m not 100% sure what I bought at that time!

Thank you!!!

Lizzie

January 16, 2014

What did you have (if anything) after dinner for a snack? I really am just curious to learn what is working for you, ever since you’ve been doing so well :)

January 16, 2014

I wasn’t hungry after dinner so I didn’t have to snack yesterday evening.

Diana @sosmallsostrong

January 16, 2014

Your dad is the sweetest!! Mine is old school Portuguese so I’m not even sure if he knows how to text. Lol… I love it. The dinner looks delicious. Fight those sniffles!!! :)

Thanks Diana!

Ang @ Nutty for Life

January 16, 2014

I would love to see a series about mental health. I know I don’t comment on here often, but I wanted you to know I am always reading! I truly love this space of yours. Anyway, mental health would be very interesting to me – my grandmother is schizophrenic, among other things. Supportive Dads really are the best. So sorry about the Lulu top. I know that it really stinks to lose a gift, esp one that costs a little more and is meaningful.

January 16, 2014

Thanks for letting me know you’re always reading, Ang :) That means a lot to me!

We learnt about Schizophrenia a few days ago – I will definitely follow through with the series for you! xo

Jessica

January 16, 2014

I vote yes for mental health posts! I would love to hear your thoughts from the holistic nutrition point of view :)
    Such a bummer about your Lulu tee!!

January 16, 2014

Thanks Jessica! I will have to get working on those posts!

Sara @ LovingOnTheRun

January 16, 2014

Aww im so so sorry! That has happened to me before! I hope it turns up somewhere for you!

Michelle

January 16, 2014

I’m actually a mental health therapist in Chicago, and I love seeing people raise awareness, expound their/other’s knowledge about it… and I’m fully one of those therapist that believes in the importance of biopsychosocial(spiritual) approach to treating my clients. I’d love a series on in, especially as it seems you’d be incorporating your knowledge about health/fitness as well (my other favorite things!)

Thanks Michelle! I will get to work on some of those posts :D

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats

January 16, 2014

Oh no! I can’t believe someone took your top – what a weirdo! I can’t imagine stealing something, I’d never be able to wear it without feeling guilty!

RIGHT!? My exact thoughts

Sweetly Fit

January 16, 2014

what a great dad! And i agree; i love the bloggy update, too! :)

awww thanks love :D

Ange @ Cowgirl Runs

January 16, 2014

I can’t believe someone took your top :( I’d cry!!

That text from your dad is the sweetest thing ever!

I was crying haha!

I love that your dad uses emojis! Mine probably would if he knew how to get them… but I am not sharing that with him. Haha! ;)

January 16, 2014

Haha I was the one who downloaded them for my Dad!

Megan (The Lyons' Share)

January 16, 2014

So many things about this made me smile! I love the text from your Dad – SO sweet and it’s so nice to know that your parents are supporting you, right? I always smile when my parents comment on something from my posts :). The meal looks delicious, and I hope you feel better soon!

Thank you so much Megan!

Amber Schumann

January 16, 2014

I definitely think you should post what you’re learning about mental health. MIND, body, and spirit, right? ;-) Can’t wait to hear what you have to share!

That’s so sweet about your dad. Cherish it, for sure.

January 16, 2014

I wil get working on those posts for you!!

Sorry you’re feeling under the weather – but YAY that you’re loving your new workouts!! :)

January 16, 2014

Thanks for the support babe! We should catch up soon xo

Tatum

January 16, 2014

You look beautiful in your new picture meg!
    Isn’t it the most annoying feeling in the world when something goes missing? Boo people suck.

That dinner looks delish

January 16, 2014

Thanks Tatum! My pic needed a major update – I think every one of my family members hated the old one haha

lindsay

January 16, 2014

can i be your substitute eddie if i bring you lulu? hehe you two were too sweet and i know you miss him! the dinner looks great!

January 16, 2014

ugh i miss him so much, but i know you could fill in ;) even without lulu! I MISS U

Cait @ PieceOfCait

January 16, 2014

I love the color of your room, so cozy!!!

& I do the same thing with something new, I like to wear it a few times ;-) love that shirt!

January 16, 2014

i love my room too! my parents surprised me with the reno! it’s absolutely perfect!

Jody - Fit at 56

January 16, 2014

Hope you feel OK! Love the love between you & your dad & Eddie’s parents!!!!

Yes, pls share your knowledge!

January 16, 2014

Thanks Jody and I will!!!

Kate @ Coffee with Kate

January 16, 2014

The cauliflower rice looks so good! That veggie is so diverse. My boyfriend got me some WUC for Christmas and, like you, I didn’t take them off for days. That really sucks about your Lulu shirt. UGH.

So frustrating!

Emily

January 16, 2014

I seriously LOVE that you’re so close with Eddie’s family. That’s amazing.

I’m sorry that you lost a top at the gym- I’ve definitely lost a few sweatshirts and water bottles. Booo. But I can’t wait to hear all about your new workout routine!

January 16, 2014

YAY! So happy you wanna hear about the new workouts! Love you

Kristen

January 17, 2014

Love, love, love this post! Everything about it! So happy you liked the chicken! You have an amazing boyfriend, and his parents sound so wonderful too! How amazing is your dad too?! Hope you’re feeling 100% again in no time! xoxox

Janie