hey there, gorgeous!
receive my free guide:
How To Fall In Love
With Yourself

Mushroom Cauliflower “Rice”

January 23, 2014 | Eat, Food, Nutrition | 22 Comments

Good morning, loves!

I hope you’re all having a great week so far! Today’s like my Friday since Thursday’s are usually my last day of class for the week, so I’m a pretty happy camper!

You’ll all be happy, too (I hope!), since I’m sharing another recipe with you today! On Monday I shared my magic method for preparing cauliflower rice, but I didn’t provide you with a recipe to actually use the cauliflower rice! Today, you’ll find out how to use your cauliflower rice and make it into a delicious side dish that is full of flavour, nutrition, and warmth, which is perfect for these cold winter days!

Mushroom Cauliflower “Rice”

Serves 4 – 6

Ingredients:
1 recipe Perfect Cauliflower Rice
1 TBSP coconut oil
1 large onion, chopped
1 cup mushrooms, chopped
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Heat cooking fat in a pan over medium-high heat. Once melted, add onions and mushrooms. Saute until onions are transulent and mushrooms are soft. Season with salt and pepper. Add cauliflower rice and mix thoroughly. Continue tossing cauliflower mixture in pan until heated through (about 5 minutes). Season with more salt and pepper if necessary. Remove from heat and serve warm.

I served this recipe with homemade Italian Meatballs and not homemade Roasted Garlic & Herb Pasta Sauce

The meatballs turned out fantastic and they were easy peasy, too! I don’t want to keep them all to myself, so here is the recipe for those, as well:

Easy Peasy Italian Meatballs

Ingredients:
1 lb. ground meat (I used turkey, but you can use beef, chicken, etc.)
1 tsp. dried basil (fresh would be even better, but I used what I had!)
1 tsp. dried oregano (again, fresh would be best!)
1 – 2 tsp. garlic powder

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Mix ingredients together until spices are distributed evenly.

Form ground meat into meatballs and place on lined baking sheet.

Bake in the oven until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F (for ground turkey).

Will you be trying this recipe? What’s your favourite cauliflower rice recipe?

p.s. don’t forget today’s your last day to submit your high fives for tomorrow’s High Five Friday! Email me your high fives today at adashofmeg@gmail.com! 😀

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

22 Comments

Linz @ Itz Linz

January 23, 2014

yum! the addition of mushrooms in your cauliflower rice sounds so good! as do your meatballs!

January 23, 2014

Eddie’s Mom totally came up with the mushroom addition!

Jody - Fit at 56

January 23, 2014

Love the easy recipes!!!! I make turkey meatloaf every week but I should do the meatballs for a change of pace! :)

mmmm yes! I love them

Megan (The Lyons' Share)

January 23, 2014

Yum! I love mushrooms (even though my husband hates them!) so I’ll have to try this! I have a delicious recipe for Cauliflower “Fried Rice” that’s one of my favorites! http://www.thelyonsshare.org/2013/07/26/healthy-cauliflower-chicken-fried-rice/ Happy “Friday”!

mmmmm thanks Megan! I am always looking for new recipes 😀

Sara @ LovingOnTheRun

January 23, 2014

I have never been a fan of cauliflower. Every time I try something with it – it never turns out well, but I am always willing to give it another shot :)

definitely give it another shot! I LOVE it

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More

January 23, 2014

YUM! I’ve never made cauliflower rice before (it’s been on my list of TO-DOs) but as I was meal planning for next week, I’ve already added it! It’s finally time to give it a try! :)

January 23, 2014

woooohoooo! i cannot wait for you to try it :)

Sweetly Fit

January 23, 2014

love it Meg! You know I love cauli rice and cauli ‘mashed potatoes. A good blender definitely makes it an easy process! :)

January 23, 2014

i need to try cauli mash again! it’s been such a long time!

Emily

January 23, 2014

This sounds amazing! I’m definitely going to try it.
    Since my blender sucks (and I haven’t bought a new one yet!) I’m going to attempt to make the ‘rice’ using my little food processor. We’ll see how it goes!

xoxo

that’ll totally work :)

Kammie @ Sensual Appeal

January 23, 2014

Man, I have to finally try this cauliflower rice thing I keep hearing about. And great idea to add mushrooms – yum!

January 23, 2014

it added such great flavour! the onions too 😉

Kristen

January 23, 2014

Meg, this looks AMAZING!!! Such a great idea to add the mushrooms and onions! Can’t even wait to try this!

January 24, 2014

the mushrooms were Eddie’s moms idea 😉 i should have mentioned that! let me know if you try it 😀

10. Pingback: High Five Friday #102

Abby

January 27, 2014

Yum! So need to try this cauliflower rice!!!!

12. Pingback: Whole 30 Week 2 Recap

Muriya McPeek

January 11, 2015

Hi Meg,

This was so good! Is it possible to pin your recipes?

Thx!