A Marvelously Easy Peasy Meatza Recipe

A Marvelously Easy Peasy Meatza Recipe

A Marvelously Easy Peasy Meatza Recipe

January 27, 2014 | Eat, Food, Marvellous Monday, Nutrition | 34 Comments

I am sure there are over a million meatza recipes circulating the web right now, so I never planned to share my own meatza recipe on A Dash of Meg, but when a reader asked me to share my recipe I couldn’t say no!

So, here’s my easy peasy meatza recipe! :D

Meg’s Easy Peasy Meatza

Serves 2

Ingredients:
1 lb. ground meat (beef, pork, chicken, turkey – whatever you like best!)
1 egg
1 garlic clove, minced (or 1 tsp. garlic powder)
1 tbsp dried Italian herbs (oregano, basil, thyme, parsley, etc.)
freshly ground pepper (about 10 grinds will do!)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
Once spices and egg are mixed throughout the meat evenly, form two meatza crusts by rolling two separate balls and flattening each into a circular crust on a lined baking tray.
Bake the crusts in the oven for 15 minutes.
Remove the crusts from the oven after 15 minutes and top with your favourite pizza toppings! Then, return your topped meatza’s back into the oven to bake for another 5 – 10 minutes or until meat is fully cooked and toppings are warm and slightly cooked, too.

My go to meatza toppings are:

Organic pizza sauce

– mushrooms (mushrooms are a must on any pizza or meatza in my opinion!)

– onions

– sweet peppers

– fresh tomato

– nutritional yeast

Some other fun toppings include:

– zucchini

– olives

– pickled banana peppers

– artichoke

– spinach

– sundried tomato

– avocado

On Friday night, Eddie’s parents and I had meatza for dinner. It started off our weekend marvelously! I hope you think this recipe is marvelous, too, because I am linking it up to Katie’s Marvelous Monday link up party!

MiMM

Have you made meatza before? Are you happy I shared my recipe? What are your favourite pizza/meatza toppings?

p.s. don’t forget to email me your high five for High Five Friday this week! I know you have a success to share with me! :D

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

34 Comments

Tina Muir

January 27, 2014

Yummy! Great idea! Sounds fantastic, and so easy! Can you make me one please? I would love to come home from a run to one of these waiting for me! I have never had a meatza before….didnt even know what it was….but now it will be in my mind all day :)

make it :D i would totally make it for you if i could ;) <3

Linz @ Itz Linz

January 27, 2014

oh my gosh jonny would love this! (ok so would i) must try it! so easy!

suuuuuper easy :) and delicious ;) make it

Megan McGrane

January 27, 2014

Thanks for the post!! :) I can’t wait to make Meatza this week.

January 27, 2014

yay you saw the post JUST FOR YOU :D ;) <3 let me know if and when you make it and if there is anything else you need…. you know i will do my best for you :)

Sara @ LovingOnTheRun

January 27, 2014

Yum this looks delicious! Hope you have a great Monday :)

same to you! :D

Marlina

January 27, 2014

I love hose close you are with your boyfreind’s family! Meatza with Meg sounds like a great night :) I don’t know why, but I’ve never thought to put nutritional yeast on one! bet it’s fab!!

January 27, 2014

Meatza with Meg ;) I LOVE IT! You’re adorable. I so wish we could have a meatza date <3

Meg @ The Compost Cook

January 27, 2014

Okay, maybe I will under a cave but I’ve never heard of a MEATZA and it looks awesome! You continue to delight my stomach with your recipes:) Can’t wait to make this vegan!

January 27, 2014

haha good luck girl :D let me know how it turns out! it would be cool to try TVP!

or meatless ground!?

Ang @ Nutty for Life

January 27, 2014

I just recently saw a recipe for meatza and I have it on my “to try” list! Thanks for posting your variation, I will definitely bookmark this for when I want to make my own. My fave pizza toppings are spinach, red onion, mushrooms, and artichoke hearts!

January 27, 2014

let me know if you try mine :D it always comes out so perfect and moist!

Luvena

January 27, 2014

Sooo glad you decided to share your recipe :0). Thank you!! It looks DEEEE-licious! I will be making this very soon.

January 27, 2014

let me know when you do! yay

Dominique @ Eat, Pray, Lift

January 27, 2014

I’ve yet to try meatza, so I might just have to put this on the meal plan for this week! Thanks doll! :)

January 27, 2014

good idea ;) let me know how you like it!

STUFT Mama

January 27, 2014

Oh heck yes- ALWAYS in on the meatza! Even my boys like them! I’ve never done egg in it though. Will have to try that! :)

January 27, 2014

mmmmmm I did it without before and now started doing it with! More nutrients and more moisture! Definitely try this version and tell me what you think of it :)

Emily

January 27, 2014

So weird but I’ve never even heard of meatza before! Probably because I’ve been a vegetarian since I was 8…It sounds delicious though! I might have to give it a whirl with tempeh. I’ll let you know how it turns out!

January 27, 2014

try it with tempeh or veggie ground round! :D

Livi

January 27, 2014

i’ve never heard of a meatza! but i’m intrigued now!!

Jenny @ simply be me

January 27, 2014

I made meatzza for the first time this weekend and my recipe is pretty much the same as yours :) it was yummy and will definitely be made again!

January 27, 2014

one of my favourites! so happy you like it too!

purelytwins

January 27, 2014

love how simple this is!!

January 27, 2014

simple is what i am all about girls ;) usually… hehe!

Jan @ Sprouts n Squats

January 27, 2014

This looks so simple yet so delicious! I definitely need to give a try :)

Yum, thanks for sharing.

January 27, 2014

i’m happy i shared :D let me know if you try it!

Allison

January 27, 2014

SOOO all weekend on IG when you posted about this I was thinking “what the heck is meatza!??” Then today I read this post and it finally hit meat+pizza!!! Gosh some days I think my brain is 10 years behind… I LOVE meatzas! I had my first last year and make them on occasion for my fiancé! Your recipe looks way easier & just as delicious!

Mitchell

January 28, 2014

I don’t know if there are a million meatsa recipes circulating, because this is the first one I’ve seen :P

But it is certainly something I’ll be trying :)
    I once had a burger where they replaced the bun with eggs, and I thought ‘why can’t there be more meals like this’? This is a perfect example ;) hahah

18. Pingback: Thursday Thoughts & Things: 02/27