Thursday Thoughts: 01/30

by Meg on January 30, 2014

Good morning, sweeties!

I’ve had a busy week and an even busier mind, which means a lot of thoughts! Just in time for Thursday Thoughts! Isn’t it funny how things work out so perfectly some times? ;)

1. I’ve found this week without Eddie to be the toughest one yet. Even though we FaceTime every day at least once, I just miss having him here. This time apart is most definitely making us stronger and I’m more in love with him than the day he left over two weeks ago, but I can’t help but complain how hard it is being away from him. I guess the only thing I can do at this point is focus on the good! Only 12 sleeps until I see him!

2. Speaking of Eddie, he sent me this song when I told him I needed some new music to listen to seeing as how I’ve been listening to the Lorde CD on repeat for the past several months. He has such great taste in music and somehow always knows exactly what I will love next!

3. Another thought about Eddie (surprised?) – how cute is this picture of him and my Dad? Now those are some good looking men! I’m so lucky they are mine ;)
Ok, my Mom’s too ;)

4. Remember when I lost my Lululemon shirt a few gym sessions ago? Well, guess who found it during yesterdays workout?

I seriously couldn’t believe my freaking eyes! And it gets better – I was wearing the new one I bought to replace it. Now I have two the exact same. I swear it wasn’t lying there on the floor last time I was at the gym. Wow, just wow.

5. I’ve been having really good workouts lately and am enjoying finishers every once in a while, too. On Tuesday after my first upper body workout of the week I did overhead farmers carries and ab wheel roll outs as my finisher. It was my first time ever doing ab wheel roll outs, but man am I feeling them now! All day yesterday I was in “good” pain when I went to laugh or breathe or bend over or talk Seriously, though, if you’re looking for a good ab exercise the ab wheel is where it is at!

6. Yesterday Eddie’s Mom and I did some shopping. We do the majority of our shopping at Costco, which always makes me think of this girl because she loves Costco just as much as I do! You just can’t beat the deals at Costco! Yesterday I bought 3 whole chickens for 23.00! Major win! They were 7.00 off their original price.

7. February is approaching and I had been thinking of doing my first whole 30 challenge starting February 1st and then when I heard that Kristi was starting her first whole 30 challenge February 1st, too, the timing seemed absolutely perfect. So, I made my decision official and will be starting my first whole 30 challenge on Saturday!
I will blog more about why I am deciding to do this next week!

8. I have a final exam today and just really want to get it over with. I will be one happy girl once 1:00 pm rolls around today!

9. I will be even happier at dinner time – we are having salmon!

10. I have to admit, I had salmon last night for dinner, too. It was delicious. Tonight’s salmon is from Costco, though. Last night’s was from Superstore. I found a 10 oz. fillet for 5.00 and couldn’t pass it up!

11. I want to say I am sorry for the post I wrote on Tuesday, which has now been deleted due to the many people who were hurt and offended from what I wrote regarding mental health.
I deleted the post because A Dash of Meg is a place that I want everyone to feel welcomed to. It is a blog of positivity and I never want anyone to feel hurt by anything I write and publish here.
When writing that post I never once intended to hurt or offend anyone. My intention was only to provide you with information on essential nutrients known to improve overall mental health, but, as I learnt, mental health is an extremely sensitive topic and I will no longer be blogging about it.
Again, I am so sorry and hope you can forgive me.

media20

12. As I said, A Dash of Meg is a place of positivity and I hope everyone who reads my blog feels that way! I care about each and everyone of you and never want to hurt any one of you! I want to celebrate you! Which is one of the reasons I created High Five Friday! I think it’s about time for some celebration on A Dash of Meg and luckily tomorrow is High Five Friday! So, if you still need to email me your high fives so I can feature you please email me at adashofmeg@gmail.com

Tell me one POSITIVE thought you’re having today!

Livi January 30, 2014 at 7:25 AM

good luck on your final exam! walking out is the best feeling :)

Meg January 30, 2014 at 7:44 PM

felt so great :D

purelytwins January 30, 2014 at 7:31 AM

yay for salmon! we are having it too

glad you found your sweater :)

and a dash of meg is always a place we will feel welcomed and no one should judge you. we are all human!

love ya sis! we are here for ya always

Meg January 30, 2014 at 7:45 PM

love you too and thanks for all of your help sisters <3 i am so blessed to have you in my life. i sure hope we can chat over FaceTime soon! love you both

Linz @ Itz Linz January 30, 2014 at 7:59 AM

a positive thing? ITZ THURSDAY! which means tomorrow is friday hehe

Meg January 30, 2014 at 7:45 PM

hahaha it sure does ;)

Allison January 30, 2014 at 8:02 AM

Instead of deleting that post, it would show more maturity and responsibility to leave it up so people could read the comments and judge for themselves. A lot of people took a lot of time to leave very articulate and thought out replies that added to the discussion. I realize you don’t want that “negativity” on your blog, but it’s really just reality and a sign that you can grow from your mistakes instead of just ignoring them, deleting them or pretending they didn’t happen.

Meg January 30, 2014 at 7:46 PM

I am growing from my mistakes, Allison, but thank you for your comment. I chose to delete the post so no one else out in the world would feel upset. That was my personal way of dealing with it and I am happy with my decision. We are all able to decide how we want to handle a situation and this was my way. I am sure many others would have done the same as me.

Meg January 30, 2014 at 7:47 PM

And I would also like to note that if I DID pretend that nothing ever happened I wouldn’t have addressed the situation in today’s post.

Ashley January 30, 2014 at 8:09 AM

I am excited that you are starting the Whole30. I saw it on IG that you were doing it!! It inspired me to start my second one on the 1st also!!! So I am going to use your blog to hold me accountable as well!! Unfortunately I received some bad health news this week and want to use this whole30 for some major gut healing! Best of luck with it! You will rock it!!

Meg January 30, 2014 at 7:48 PM

So happy to hear you’re in on Whole 3o with me! Good luck with your journey sweetie

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More January 30, 2014 at 8:26 AM

Love you, girlie!! And seriously, if you need new music, how do you not know who to turn to….? ;)

Meg January 30, 2014 at 7:48 PM

LOL most dumb thing ever right? Email me a list ASAP. I have seriously been listening to Lorde non stop HAHA

Brittany @ Delights and Delectables January 30, 2014 at 8:53 AM

ooooo.. I want salmon!! Can I come over?? Meg– I love your heart. I don’t think you need to apologize- anyone who knows you and your sweet and loving heart knows you would NEVER offend anyone intentionally. I actually thought that post was very informative. xoxo I love you!

Meg January 30, 2014 at 7:48 PM

Thanks sis. This brings tears to my eyes. Really. You’re so good to me. Thank you.

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats January 30, 2014 at 9:18 AM

It didn’t even occur to me that your post on Tuesday would be offense – I took it as one solution to help with mental illnesses rather than disregarding them entirely. Hope you’re feeling alright after that – don’t get down on yourself! LOVE YOU!

Meg January 30, 2014 at 7:49 PM

Ah Katie. You are so loving and such a good friend to me. Thank you for this comment. I need a Katie hug! Haha! Miss you my love.

Sweetly Fit January 30, 2014 at 9:24 AM

I’m so glad you decided to join me on Whole 30 love! Talk to you soon <3

Meg January 30, 2014 at 7:49 PM

can’t wait for our challenge together and our talk tomorrow!

Melissa @ Treats With a Twist January 30, 2014 at 9:55 AM

Perfect Meg, Perfect.
I hope you have a wonderful day today!

Meg January 30, 2014 at 7:50 PM

Eddie Cullen January 30, 2014 at 10:22 AM

We all stumble and fall in life, some harder than others. Strength is determined by how fast we get up, dust yourself off and learn from our mistakes. It takes courage and self confidence to admit when we are wrong.

Amanda Browning January 30, 2014 at 7:44 PM

^^^ this is so cute. love you meg.

Meg January 30, 2014 at 7:50 PM

i love you too babe!

Meg January 30, 2014 at 7:50 PM

your the best ever. my absolute favourite person in this world. thanks for all of your support, love.

Ashlee@HisnHers January 30, 2014 at 12:05 PM

Love the look the lady in the gym is giving you in the background hahaha

Meg January 30, 2014 at 7:50 PM

haha oops

Anna January 30, 2014 at 12:33 PM

I could probably eat salmon for EVERY dinner if I could :)

Hmm..my positive thought at the moment is that it’s been a very productive week, and nothing feels better to me than a week where I feel like I really got things done. Last week I was feeling a bit deflated and I promised myself that this week wouldn’t be a repeat of that, and so far, I’ve been keeping my promise to myself!

I read your post about the relationship between nutrition and mental health and I completely understood where you were coming from. Of course everyone deals with difficult things despite nutrition, exercise, etc., and it is a very sensitive topic, but I thought it came across clearly that you were tackling just one small aspect of mental health. We do after all often see magazine articles about foods that contain vitamins that are beneficial to mental health!

Meg January 30, 2014 at 7:51 PM

Anna,

I can’t thank you enough for your input and sweet comment. It truly makes my day so much brighter. Hugs to you <3

Maddie January 30, 2014 at 12:49 PM

One positive thought after reading this: Thank you for taking the time to read our comments and for paying attention.

Maddie January 30, 2014 at 2:08 PM

Though I would like to add I wish you’d kept the entry and comments. Some commenters put a lot of thought into their responses and instead of stifling them it would be helpful to share their thoughts and experiences with others. To say “Let’s pretend it never happened” isn’t helpful, especially considering what effort your readers put into their responses and how much there is to be learned from them.

Meg January 30, 2014 at 7:52 PM

I never once said let’s pretend it didn’t happen. I addressed the issue today and deleted the post for very good reason and I am happy with my decision, but thanks for your comment anyways.

Kelsey @ Ramblings of Change January 30, 2014 at 12:50 PM

It is going to be an amazing day, and I’m feeling so happy today! =)

Meg January 30, 2014 at 7:53 PM

GOOD :D

Megan (The Lyons' Share) January 30, 2014 at 1:47 PM

I’m so sorry you dealt with some negativity. Mental health is such a sensitive topic, but I really do think that talking about it reduces the stigma, so it’s a shame when things like this go wrong. Love that quote you included!! I’m feeling positive today about a fun weekend ahead – running a race, watching the Super Bowl, and a dinner with friends!

Meg January 30, 2014 at 7:53 PM

Thanks Megan! Good luck with your race and enjoy the rest of the fun it brings :D

Brooke January 30, 2014 at 2:39 PM

For the record, I thought that your post regarding mental health and nutrition was great! My degree is in psychology and I have suffered from mental illness (depression, anxiety disorder, ED) as do others in my family, but I have always been completely fascinated by the impact of food on the body AND mind. And there are so many people who could benefit from that info! So I’m sorry that people were offended, but you keep on shining, love!! Xoxo

Meg January 30, 2014 at 7:54 PM

Oh, Brooke. You’re always so good to me. I am sending you Meg hugs right now. This comment meant SO much to me. Honestly, you made my evening.

She Rocks Fitness January 30, 2014 at 3:25 PM

HAHAHA! Got to love finding those awesome deals at Costco! I convinced one of my clients to sign up and she LOVES it now and we talk Costco deals all the time. It makes me happy…yep nerd alert. Have a beautiful day! XOXO

Meg January 30, 2014 at 7:54 PM

yay for Costco! love you friend!

Cat January 30, 2014 at 3:44 PM

I love Lorde too! Did not expect to come here for some new music recommendations but now I know ;) too bad about the mental health post, I kind if want to say f the haters but I get that it’s a sensitive topic.. Just keep up the Megness and I’ll be happy!

Meg January 30, 2014 at 7:54 PM

awwww thanks Cat :)

Julie January 30, 2014 at 4:42 PM

I LOVE that song. I can’t stop listening to it sometimes.

January was super long.

Meg, there’s always so much positivity being spread on your blog!

Meg January 30, 2014 at 7:55 PM

thanks Julie :) <3 I am so happy you feel that way.

Jody - Fit at 56 January 30, 2014 at 11:26 PM

I am so far behind on everything. I just wanted to say HI – love all you wrote but I am so tired & just want to say HUGS & I know it is hard without Eddie!

Cait @ PieceOfCait January 31, 2014 at 12:40 PM

no worries about your post! we are all human, and have our OWN opinions. What we may think others may think differently. Don’t fret about it girl <3