Good morning, sweeties!
I’ve had a busy week and an even busier mind, which means a lot of thoughts! Just in time for Thursday Thoughts! Isn’t it funny how things work out so perfectly some times?
1. I’ve found this week without Eddie to be the toughest one yet. Even though we FaceTime every day at least once, I just miss having him here. This time apart is most definitely making us stronger and I’m more in love with him than the day he left over two weeks ago, but I can’t help but complain how hard it is being away from him. I guess the only thing I can do at this point is focus on the good! Only 12 sleeps until I see him!
2. Speaking of Eddie, he sent me this song when I told him I needed some new music to listen to seeing as how I’ve been listening to the Lorde CD on repeat for the past several months. He has such great taste in music and somehow always knows exactly what I will love next!
3. Another thought about Eddie (surprised?) – how cute is this picture of him and my Dad? Now those are some good looking men! I’m so lucky they are mine
Ok, my Mom’s too
4. Remember when I lost my Lululemon shirt a few gym sessions ago? Well, guess who found it during yesterdays workout?
I seriously couldn’t believe my freaking eyes! And it gets better – I was wearing the new one I bought to replace it. Now I have two the exact same. I swear it wasn’t lying there on the floor last time I was at the gym. Wow, just wow.
5. I’ve been having really good workouts lately and am enjoying finishers every once in a while, too. On Tuesday after my first upper body workout of the week I did overhead farmers carries and ab wheel roll outs as my finisher. It was my first time ever doing ab wheel roll outs, but man am I feeling them now! All day yesterday I was in “good” pain when I went to laugh
or breathe or bend over or talk Seriously, though, if you’re looking for a good ab exercise the ab wheel is where it is at!
6. Yesterday Eddie’s Mom and I did some shopping. We do the majority of our shopping at Costco, which always makes me think of this girl because she loves Costco just as much as I do! You just can’t beat the deals at Costco! Yesterday I bought 3 whole chickens for 23.00! Major win! They were 7.00 off their original price.
7. February is approaching and I had been thinking of doing my first whole 30 challenge starting February 1st and then when I heard that Kristi was starting her first whole 30 challenge February 1st, too, the timing seemed absolutely perfect. So, I made my decision official and will be starting my first whole 30 challenge on Saturday!
I will blog more about why I am deciding to do this next week!
8. I have a final exam today and just really want to get it over with. I will be one happy girl once 1:00 pm rolls around today!
9. I will be even happier at dinner time – we are having salmon!
10. I have to admit, I had salmon last night for dinner, too. It was delicious. Tonight’s salmon is from Costco, though. Last night’s was from Superstore. I found a 10 oz. fillet for 5.00 and couldn’t pass it up!
11. I want to say I am sorry for the post I wrote on Tuesday, which has now been deleted due to the many people who were hurt and offended from what I wrote regarding mental health.
I deleted the post because A Dash of Meg is a place that I want everyone to feel welcomed to. It is a blog of positivity and I never want anyone to feel hurt by anything I write and publish here.
When writing that post I never once intended to hurt or offend anyone. My intention was only to provide you with information on essential nutrients known to improve overall mental health, but, as I learnt, mental health is an extremely sensitive topic and I will no longer be blogging about it.
Again, I am so sorry and hope you can forgive me.
12. As I said, A Dash of Meg is a place of positivity and I hope everyone who reads my blog feels that way! I care about each and everyone of you and never want to hurt any one of you! I want to celebrate you! Which is one of the reasons I created High Five Friday! I think it’s about time for some celebration on A Dash of Meg and luckily tomorrow is High Five Friday! So, if you still need to email me your high fives so I can feature you please email me at email@example.com
Tell me one POSITIVE thought you’re having today!