hey there, gorgeous!
weekly nourishment and
receive my free guide:
How To Fall In Love
With Yourself

Whole 30 Week 3 Recap

Good morning, friends!

Another Monday means another Whole 30 recap!

After week 1 I talked about how I felt eating a solid meal postworkout vs. a liquid meal and after week 2 I shared my tips for sticking with whole 30 while traveling or dining out! For my week 3 recap I will be sharing an update on how I’ve been feeling as well as how whole 30 has helped me improve my relationship with food even more!

How I’m Feeling After Week 3:

– I am still really enjoying my solid meal vs. liquid meal postworkout. The solid meal satisfies me much more than the liquid meal ever did.

– I never experience any highs or lows throughout my day. Before Whole 30 (and especially before I removed gluten and grains from my diet) I experienced highs and lows throughout my day, especially mid afternoon, but now I only get sleepy at bed time around 10:00 pm!

– I am sleeping the best I’ve ever slept! Months ago, I used to have a hard time falling asleep. I also had a hard time falling back asleep if I woke up in the middle of the night. I would also wake up between 5:00 – 6:00 am and not be able to fall back asleep. But now I am experiencing deep sleeps and wake up naturally, without an alarm, between 7:00 – 8:00 am every morning and feel extremely well rested!

– I have noticed my complexion is better. I had a few pesky pimples between my eyebrows that seemed to never go away, but over the past week I have noticed improvements in my complexion!

– I am getting stronger! Perhaps this has nothing to do with Whole 30, but it might ;) I know I am fuelling properly and my training is definitely benefitting!

– I am getting curvier! Again, perhaps not entirely due to Whole 30, but I think it might have some relation because Whole 30 has improved my relationship with food.

Last year, almost exactly a year ago actually, I began my intuitive eating journey and since then I have changed so much, learnt so much about myself, and repaired my relationship with food dramatically.
A month ago, before starting Whole 30, I would have told you my relationship with food had never been better. And that was the truth. I ate intuitively, but didn’t think about “eating intuitively.” I just ate. I lived. I ate the foods I loved, the ones that made me feel and function best. And I loved life without stressing about food like I did years ago. It’s safe to say food isn’t my main focus anymore. Thank goodness as there is so much more to life!

However, over these past 3 weeks of Whole 30 my relationship with food has got even better!

When starting Whole 30 on February 1st, I made a promise to myself to really try to understand how the foods I ate affected me.
Did the food I ate satisfy me for hours or was I hungry only a couple of hours later?
Did the food I ate make me feel energized or bogged down?
Did the food I ate make me feel happy and clear minded or did it have the opposite affect on me?

During Whole 30 I wanted to pay attention to how food affects me both physically and emotionally and I’ve been doing a great job!

I know which foods make me happy, energized, and satisfied! I ensure that all of my meals are rich in nutrients and balanced. The Whole 30 meal planning template has really helped me with this, too.

I absolutely love the Whole 30 meal planning template as I think it provides a great framework to start with when planning a meal. It ensures all meals are balanced and filled with the nutrients your body needs!

Tags: , , , , ,

30 Comments

Linz @ Itz Linz

February 24, 2014

so interesting what a great impact food has on us not just physically but mentally, as well!!

Tina Muir

February 24, 2014

That is wonderful! So glad you are having such a positive experience after it! I tried gluten free for a challenge, but i really did not notice much of a difference, but I think that is because I am so finely in tune with my body as an elite athlete that I eat healthy anyway. That was a very interesting read Meg! Makes me wonder…..

February 26, 2014

thanks for sharing your story! that just goes to show that not EVERYONE has to/should eat the same!

Sara @ LovingOnTheRun

February 24, 2014

I am really going to have to look more into this program. My body has been all over the place and I know it is because of nutrition I am just not sure where to start the process. Thanks for sharing all your experiences :)

February 26, 2014

whole 30 is life changing girl!

Livi

February 24, 2014

all your whole 30 meals look delicious! you are rocking the challenge!

February 26, 2014

awww gee thanks livi! i am sure having fun with it – a few recipes should be on the blog soon xo

Liz @ I Heart Vegetables

February 24, 2014

It sounds like Whole 30 is going great! I’m happy for you :) You’re gonna have some great curves in your wedding dress ;)

February 26, 2014

BAHA that’s what i am hoping for girlfriend ;) MUAH!

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats

February 24, 2014

All your salmon always looks so delicious! I’m glad you’re feeling so much better!!!

February 26, 2014

thanks love! it’s crazy how i didn’t realize how NOT good i was feeling until now you know!?

Becky@TheSavedRunner

February 24, 2014

I have loved keeping up with how you have felt better since the Whole 30! Food makes such a difference.

it’s true! and thank you for following :) <3

Jan @ Sprouts n Squats

February 24, 2014

Wow this is awesome!It sounds like the whole30 really suits you well. It is great that it has helped you improve your relationship with food, your sleep and your skin among other things. :)

thanks jan :D <3

Allison

February 24, 2014

Love your recap!! I often think changing a meal plan or diet when you have been so good at doing a good thing is the best thing for your body. You are one of a few people I know doing the Whole 30 and have definitely inspired me to give it a try. AFTER I check my stomach pH ;)

February 26, 2014

awesome :D thank you allison <3 i am so happy i could be an inspiration to you <3 i am always here to support you

Jody - Fit at 56

February 24, 2014

I love reading your recap & all this is doing for you & your relationship with food & your own body – the benefit – you feel better & look better – per you but you always look amazing to me! :) So happy for you!!!! I hope this helps others as well!

your support is amazing, Jody :D seriously – i love you so much

Lindsay

February 24, 2014

So glad friend! Gotta do what’s best for you and so glad that relationship has improved. That’s the best nourishment

February 26, 2014

so true :D a healthy relationship with food = a healthy you :D ;)

Annie

February 25, 2014

Just discovered your blog via instagram – so first time commenter! I love fish myself, but do you ever get worried about the mercury, etc?

February 26, 2014

No, I never do get worried about that.

Thanks for the first comment :D

Amy

Why not?

Natalie @ lovenataliemarie

February 25, 2014

Cheers to having a better relationship with food! I’m on my intuitive eating journey right now and I am loving it. I am feeling good about not stressing over numbers. I’m happy to hear you’re having positive results. :D

February 26, 2014

Oh I am soooooo proud of you :D i remember when I started my journey! If you need anything I am ALWAYS here to help <3

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More

February 28, 2014

Love it! And I just love how it proves HOW important nutrition is!

I liked the whole 30 because it took the guess work and guilt out of what to eat…..I ate my the framework and that was that. No convincing myself I should eat les….. No negotiating…..I ate the template and didn’t think twice.