Good morning, friends!
Another Monday means another Whole 30 recap!
After week 1 I talked about how I felt eating a solid meal postworkout vs. a liquid meal and after week 2 I shared my tips for sticking with whole 30 while traveling or dining out! For my week 3 recap I will be sharing an update on how I’ve been feeling as well as how whole 30 has helped me improve my relationship with food even more!
How I’m Feeling After Week 3:
- I am still really enjoying my solid meal vs. liquid meal postworkout. The solid meal satisfies me much more than the liquid meal ever did.
- I never experience any highs or lows throughout my day. Before Whole 30 (and especially before I removed gluten and grains from my diet) I experienced highs and lows throughout my day, especially mid afternoon, but now I only get sleepy at bed time around 10:00 pm!
- I am sleeping the best I’ve ever slept! Months ago, I used to have a hard time falling asleep. I also had a hard time falling back asleep if I woke up in the middle of the night. I would also wake up between 5:00 – 6:00 am and not be able to fall back asleep. But now I am experiencing deep sleeps and wake up naturally, without an alarm, between 7:00 – 8:00 am every morning and feel extremely well rested!
- I have noticed my complexion is better. I had a few pesky pimples between my eyebrows that seemed to never go away, but over the past week I have noticed improvements in my complexion!
- I am getting stronger! Perhaps this has nothing to do with Whole 30, but it might I know I am fuelling properly and my training is definitely benefitting!
- I am getting curvier! Again, perhaps not entirely due to Whole 30, but I think it might have some relation because Whole 30 has improved my relationship with food.
Last year, almost exactly a year ago actually, I began my intuitive eating journey and since then I have changed so much, learnt so much about myself, and repaired my relationship with food dramatically.
A month ago, before starting Whole 30, I would have told you my relationship with food had never been better. And that was the truth. I ate intuitively, but didn’t think about “eating intuitively.” I just ate. I lived. I ate the foods I loved, the ones that made me feel and function best. And I loved life without stressing about food like I did years ago. It’s safe to say food isn’t my main focus anymore. Thank goodness as there is so much more to life!
However, over these past 3 weeks of Whole 30 my relationship with food has got even better!
When starting Whole 30 on February 1st, I made a promise to myself to really try to understand how the foods I ate affected me.
Did the food I ate satisfy me for hours or was I hungry only a couple of hours later?
Did the food I ate make me feel energized or bogged down?
Did the food I ate make me feel happy and clear minded or did it have the opposite affect on me?
During Whole 30 I wanted to pay attention to how food affects me both physically and emotionally and I’ve been doing a great job!
I know which foods make me happy, energized, and satisfied! I ensure that all of my meals are rich in nutrients and balanced. The Whole 30 meal planning template has really helped me with this, too.
I absolutely love the Whole 30 meal planning template as I think it provides a great framework to start with when planning a meal. It ensures all meals are balanced and filled with the nutrients your body needs!