February/March Workout Program

February/March Workout Program

February/March Workout Program

February 25, 2014 | Fitness, Training, Uncategorized, workout | 28 Comments

Good morning!

Back in January I started a new workout program that I wrote for myself. This particular workout program made me anxious, nervous, intimidated, and excited all at the same time.

I was nervous because it was the first workout program I had ever written for myself by myself.

I was excited and anxious because I knew it was time to try something new.

I was nervous because it was my first time ever doing an upper/lower split.

And I was intimidated because I chose to include some exercises, such as barbell hang snatches, into my program that I wanted to progress on, but wasn’t totally confident with yet.

Over the past six weeks of doing this workout program I have surprised and made myself proud in so many ways!

I’ve increased my strength by setting new personal records in weight for squats and deadlifts.

I’ve become more confident when doing barbell hang snatches.

And I’ve become a lot stronger with many other exercises, too.

I love the gym so much and could train every day, but that won’t benefit me in any way.

I’ve tried countless different training styles since I’ve started weight lifting, but I am confident when saying I think I found my happy place at training four days a week with an upper/lower split!

So, now that I’ve completed six weeks of this program, I wrote myself a new training program that I will be starting today.

This is the new program I will be following for the next 4 – 6 week:

2) Conventional Deadlift

3) Hip Thrust

4A) DB Walking Lunges

4B) Hanging Leg Raise

5) GHR

6) Seated Calf Raise

A big thanks goes out to Lindsay and Nia for inspiring me to try out an upper/lower split!

Let me know if you follow along with me!

p.s. don’t forget to email me your high fives for this week’s High Five Friday post! My email is adashofmeg@gmail.com

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

28 Comments

Marieve

February 25, 2014

I’ve just started an upper/lower split workout as well in February. So far so good, my legs are sore this morning. But It is a challenge for me to have a rest day. Recently I’ve been playing hockey and going snowshoeing (living in Canada!!) on my rest days, but Ill work on that. I will definitely try your slip workout in few weeks. Thanks !

February 26, 2014

rest is so important :) i am going to be writing a post about that soon ;)

Livi

February 25, 2014

great job! it’s always scary to try new workout plans, but so rewarding when you give them your all!

so true :D

Sara @ LovingOnTheRun

February 25, 2014

Great job! Sometimes your body needs a new workout plan! I am right now planning on how to switch mine up when I start training again on Monday. I am excited but it makes me nervous at the same time!

i know the feeling!

Linz @ Itz Linz

February 25, 2014

get it guuuuuurl ;)

Jolynn @ Lift Pray Love

February 25, 2014

Woo hoo!! Get it girlfrannn!!! Too funny you wrote this post. I’ll be coming out with a 12 week program at the end of April/beginning of May!

awesome! :D

Lindsay

February 25, 2014

Perfect! Love how you set up your workouts. Glad you are enjoying it and seeing progress! I love my style of training and could never see myself doing anything else!

February 26, 2014

i can’t thank you enough for the many ways you’ve helped me!

Mary

February 25, 2014

Do you do any sort of cardio with it?

February 26, 2014

treadmill or anything like that? no. 5 – 10 minutes of conditioning after my workouts? sometimes :) i wrote a post about finishers in january :) that’ll give you an idea of my “cardio” ;)

Jenn@Mark My Miles!

February 26, 2014

Love new programs, it keeps things fresh. Maybe one day, I’ll venture out and do more strength training. They do say it is great for runners!!!

February 26, 2014

i say it is great for everyone ;) hehehehe

Jan @ Sprouts n Squats

February 26, 2014

I love to do an upper / lower body split too :) At the moment since I broke my wrist I’m now restricted to lower body workouts only but I’m being positive about getting to concentrate on working my legs.

and you’re doing so well! pr’s girl friend <3

Sara

February 26, 2014

What happened to GPP? I thought you were getting certified?

February 26, 2014

i am certified. i wrote a post back in january why i switched :) – weight lifting is my true passion, but still love gpp and recommend it to others!

L

February 26, 2014

Thanks for sharing your workouts! Roughly how long do they usually take for you to complete?

about 30 – 45 mins :D

Heather @ Better With Veggies

February 26, 2014

Love to see your gains in the gym – it’s so fun (and intimidating!) to work on exercises that you aren’t great at. But it does give you extra focus to make sure it’s done right!

February 26, 2014

totally! thanks for the comment, babe! i miss you

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More

February 28, 2014

You’re incredible! I should make you plan my workouts for me, I’m failing at it lately.. ;)

March 1, 2014

i totally would ;) or copy mine :D baha

14. Pingback: 50% More In March & A Giveaway!

15. Pingback: April/May Workout Program