hey there, gorgeous!
weekly nourishment and
receive my free guide:
How To Fall In Love
With Yourself

Curried Cauliflower Rice

March 12, 2014 | Eat, Food, Nutrition | 22 Comments

I absolutely love coming back home to visit.

I’m surrounded by the people I love most and my parents make the most delicious food for me. They are both wonderful cooks!

But, the other day my Mom requested that I make my cauliflower rice for part of our dinner, since I hadn’t made it for her yet. So, I willingly did. However, Eddie and I felt like something on the spicier side, so instead of making my mushroom cauliflower rice, we kicked it up a notch with curry!

I’ve always been a huge fan of curry. There are so many different types. Some are extremely spicy, some are more mild, some have sweeter notes, and some are completely savoury. Whatever the flavour, I absolutely love curry! So, I think it was the perfect addition to one of my favourite side dishes – cauliflower rice!

We paired our cauliflower rice with a salad made with romaine and kale and grilled chicken breast.

Curried Cauliflower Rice

Serves 5 – 6

Ingredients:
1 head cauliflower
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 large sweet onion
3 garlic cloves, minced
curry powder
1/3 cup green onion, sliced

Directions:
Rice cauliflower.
Over medium high heat, melt coconut oil in a large pan.
Add onion and garlic and sauté until onion is translucent and garlic becomes fragrant.
Add riced cauliflower.
Season with curry powder according to your liking (I used approximately 1.5 – 2 tsp) and add green onion.
Toss and continue to cook until cauliflower becomes softened and flavours are distributed evenly.
Remove from heat and serve.

Cauliflower rice is also great the next day, too! I used the leftover cauliflower rice to make a delicious lunch for myself yesterday! I served it with guacamole and shredded chicken. It was a delicious way to mix up the leftovers!

Leftover curry is always so good cold the next day! One of my favourite things!

Have a great day!

PS if you have a high five to share with me for this week’s High Five Friday please email me at adashofmeg@gmail.com :)

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

22 Comments

This looks delicious! I will definitely have to try! Thanks for sharing. :)

Liz @ I Heart Vegetables

March 12, 2014

Yum!!! A food processor should be arriving in the mail any day now, and when I do I totally want to try making some rice out of cauliflower! YUM!

March 18, 2014

let me know when you have your first cauli rice :D

Surprisingly, I have not yet tried curry in my cauliflower rice. I need to change that. This sounds fabulous!

March 18, 2014

this is my favourite version!

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats

March 12, 2014

Looks delicious! I made some Cauliflower Fried Rice with eggs, peas and carrots for lunch today!

p.s. how do you cook your chicken?

March 12, 2014

Hey Katie!

That lunch sounds amazing. I have yet to do eggs with my cauli rice but I THINK about it every time I make it haha. It is on my list of to dos. And I think eggs would be especially delicious with this curried version!

Our chicken was grilled. Eddie grilled it on the BBQ :)

Such a good idea to add curry!! Going to give this a try for sure

I usually just have plain cauliflower rice, but these flavours sounds really good. Thanks for sharing :)

Brittany

March 12, 2014

You had me at curry! I love it’s flavor and imagine it would be awesome on cauliflower rice. Yum!

March 18, 2014

it’s my favourite version of cauliflower rice yet! i hope you give it a try britt :)

Sara @ LovingOnTheRun

March 12, 2014

Wow this looks delicious! I should try making it and tricking my husband – he isn’t a big veggie fan but maybe I could just pass this off as rice ;-)

March 18, 2014

worth a shot? ;)

I’m so making this!!! I love curry!

March 18, 2014

please make it :D you’ll love

Jody - Fit at 56

March 12, 2014

Looks delish! Now I wish I had an appetite but the flu is keeping it at bay. :(

Purelytwins

March 12, 2014

nothing beats being home with amazing food and family :) hugs

Katie @ Live Half Full

March 12, 2014

This is awesome, I’m pinning it to try later!

GiGi Eats Celebrities

March 13, 2014

That cauliflower is such a great actor! It acts JUST LIKE RICE it’s not even FUNNY!! :)

Livi

March 13, 2014

I love curry, and I can’t wait to try this!

15. Pingback: Friday Five and Favorites