hey there, gorgeous!
weekly nourishment and
receive my free guide:
How To Fall In Love
With Yourself

April/May Workout Program

April 8, 2014 | Fitness, Training, workout | 45 Comments

Good morning, loves! I’m really excited for today because I’m starting a new workout program!

Since January, I’ve been writing my own programs and sharing them with you. You can find my past two programs here and here. It’s funny to think that back in January I was extremely intimidated by writing my own programs, but now I wouldn’t have it any other way! I turn to Nia Shanks and Lindsay Cappotelli for inspiration, but write my programs on my own while focusing on three main lifts, squats, deadlifts, and overhead presses, along with other push and pull exercises. It’s been working great for me over the past few months, so I thought I’d share my third program with you that I will be starting today!

Workout Program #3

Upper Body A

1) Neutral grip pull up
2) Barbell OH press
3A) Neutral grip DB chest press
3B) Bent over BB row (underhand grip)
4A) EZ bar curl

2) Deadlift
3) BB hip thrust
4) Single leg leg press
5) GHR
6A) Seated calf raise
6B) Hanging leg raise

I usually train Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Sundays and it’s been working really well since I have class Monday and Thursday, so enjoy taking those days as two of my three rest days! And I know I will be asked about cardio, so I will answer it now… no I do not do any cardio. Because I am kind of lazy like that and just prefer not to. It’s just not my thing. So, I tend to do 1 – 2 finishers per week after my workouts, which you can read more about here.

Feel free to join in with me and use these workouts yourself! Let me know if you do! :)

What’s your training looking like lately?

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

45 Comments

Linz @ Itz Linz

April 8, 2014

always love your workouts! my training includes preparing for baby itz! haha!

ahhhhhh so exciting 😀

Sara @ LovingOnTheRun

April 8, 2014

I am the opposite of you :) I love to run and run 5-6 days per week. I also try to get in strength training 2-3 days per week, but nothing like you do. It works for me :)

April 8, 2014

keep doing what works for you girlfriend 😀

Amanda Browning

April 8, 2014

well I have decided! I am going to try and get to at least one class each week that involves strength and cardio (spin & sculpt tomorrow…whelp!) and then do a Nike Training Club at least once, then run or walk 1-2 days, plus teach my classes. I like to take weekends off of doing something that gets me sweaty! :)
    Keep up the great work!

that’s awesome 😀

I love your workouts. I do strength training 3-4 days a week and 4-5 runs a week. :)

that’s awesome Samantha 😀

I did OH squats for the first time last week (at least first time I remember doing them?) and OH MY GOSH – I only did 5 per set and they kicked my butt! Maybe something to consider for your June program? :)

LOL I HATE OH SQUATS!!!!!!!!!! Probably why I should do them

Cat

April 8, 2014

Really appreciate your work out shares! I’m still lifting 2 days a week, with 2 more circuit-based days, and sometimes a run… but I’m looking to switch things up pretty soon, and your splits always look great!

April 8, 2014

yay so happy you enjoy these posts 😀

Bonnie

April 8, 2014

I love that you’re writing your own programs now! Way to own it and just dive right in. Looks like a great program, and I have 2-3 rest days a week too. :) LOVE finishers!

April 8, 2014

thanks love 😀 i know you love your finishers too! i need to copy some of yours <3

Ashley M

April 8, 2014

Wow! These workouts look awesome babe! Lately I’ve been doing about 3 days at the gym…and running 2 days. I would like to cut back on the running a bit and lift more frequently I think! Maybe I’ll bump it up to 4 days a week like you!! :) Hehe!

April 8, 2014

you’re adorable, my love!!!!!!!!!! i so wish we could hit the gym together! LOVE YOU

Ange @ Cowgirl Runs

April 8, 2014

My training is running. Lots and lots of running. I do need to add in some cross training, but, yeah, running :)
    ha!

you must love running 😉

John Mack

April 8, 2014

I love this article, I am not a fan of cardio either. I know I should be but it is so boring. I try to do a lot of body-weight stuff like cross fit style workouts when I need to get the ole heart pumping.

April 8, 2014

cross fit style workouts are awesome! i was doing gpp fitness (a lot like cross fit) from may – november, but started hitting the weights a bit more in december and am really loving it again

Maddie

April 8, 2014

Are you trying to tell us something with this picture?!!!!! :) Like maybe WHY you’re starting a new workout program??!!! *wink*wink* :) :) :)

I’m not sure I know what you mean? I change up my workouts every 6 weeks

What do you do to “warm up?” I started lifting about a month ago and am now having to do nothing because I strained both my hamstring and my bicep and it seems like they are taking FOREVER to heal…so frustrating :(

April 8, 2014

i foam roll and do some hip and joint mobility stuff :) nothing too crazy :) i hope you feel better soon girl <3

I have been doing two upper body days, two lower body days, and two days of HIIT and abs. :)
    Hello 4:30 a.m. workouts!

April 8, 2014

wowza! too early for me 😉

GiGi Eats Celebrities

April 8, 2014

What I love to do these days is go to the gym, turn on music and grab some free weights and just start dancing! Seriously AMAZING!!! My arms love that burn!

Michele

April 8, 2014

I love looking at other people’s strength workouts but rarely DO strength. Funny too because I always say I’m too lazy for strength! Not my thing but that’s why I want to challenge myself to it a bit more. I love to run and find that when I do strength I need to cut down my running or else I wind up overtrained. Would love to find a happy balance for myself between the two!

April 8, 2014

you’ll find your balance, girl! 😀 maybe try lifting 3 days a week!?

lindsay

April 8, 2014

wish i could come workout with you! i love a good strength session, and i love that you are resting more

April 8, 2014

awwwwww baby <3 i soooooo wish you could come lift with me, too. i miss you oh so much

Livi

April 8, 2014

Looks awesome! I can’t wait to try some of these workouts!

April 8, 2014

yay that makes me so happy

Jody - Fit at 56

April 8, 2014

You are gonna love this session too!! I am loving this as you know! Wish I could keep weight off without cardio but I can’t! 😉

April 8, 2014

i have been loving all of your videos <3 !!!!

Kristen

April 8, 2014

Love this! I’m soooo not a cardio fan either! I love lifting, cardio gets boring so quickly for me! :)

April 8, 2014

i know! i can only do sprints and i rarely do those 😉

purelytwins

April 8, 2014

sound like great workouts!!! keep it up girl

thanks girls 😀

sloanepitman

April 9, 2014

LOVE YOU! And am SO proud of my sis!! xoxo

April 13, 2014

thanks girl 😀 we need to chat soon

Nicole

May 24, 2014

How many Reps/Sets do you do for each group?

May 24, 2014