hey there, gorgeous!
weekly nourishment and
receive my free guide:
How To Fall In Love
With Yourself

Pork Chops with Roasted Onions, Figs, and Kale

I know I haven’t posted a recipe in a really long time, but I plan on getting better at being a more “regular recipe poster”.

Eddie and I have already been talking about posting recipes on A Dash of Meg on a more regular basis, but first we need to get into the same province.

Once we are living together we will then have the time to put our creative foodie brains together and recipe develop like we have been dreaming of doing for quite some time now. July cannot come fast enough.

In the mean time, I’ve been pretty much sticking with the basics. The foods that make me feel and function best. Some times this means having the same meal over and over again because I just really love it and it makes me happy and feel good. So, I will repeat some meals (such as my stuffed acorn squash) several times before switching it up, but other times I create new recipes!

On the weekend Eddie’s Mom requested that I do something with the pork chops she had bought at Costco during our last shopping trip, so I opened the fridge, took inventory, and developed a pretty impressive dish if I do say so myself!

Onions, kale, and figs all tickled my tastebuds when I thought about ingredients to use with the pork chops that were to be used for dinner.

Pork Chops with Roasted Onions, Figs, and Kale

Serves 3

Ingredients:

3 boneless pork chops
1 medium sweet onion, sliced
2 – 3 cups kale, de-stemmed
6 dried figs (I used these ones), rehydrated* and halved
3 tbsp coconut oil, divided
sea salt
pepper

*To rehydrate the figs I placed 6 figs in a bowl of water overnight.

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F

Melt 2 tbsp of coconut oil in a bowl and toss with figs, onion, and kale. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to baking dish.

Melt remaining 1 tbsp of coconut oil over medium-high heat in a skillet. Meanwhile, season both sides of pork with salt and pepper. Once skillet is hot, pan sear pork for 2 – 3 minutes on each side.

Place pan seared pork on top of kale, onion, and fig mix. Place in oven and cook until onions are limp and the internal temperature of the pork reads 160 degrees F. Remove and serve with your favourite side dish (I served our pork, kale, onions, and figs with a side of sautéed asparagus!)

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

25 Comments

Hey dear! I think it’s fantastic you found someone who enjoys food and recipes like you do:) So cute! I’m the same way with food, once I find one that makes me feel good and that sits well with me, I just can’t get enough! Glad to hear you sound like you’re doing well:)

Brooke

April 16, 2014

Sounds sooo good! I haven’t had figs in WAY too long. I need to fix that ;)

This looks amazing. Thanks so much for sharing! :) I’ve already got some pork chops thawing out. I can’t wait to try it!

Awwww that excites me :D

Mitchell

April 16, 2014

That look so good, especially the inclusion of figs (could they be more awesome?) :)

I bought pork mince for the first time this week because I have, at the ripe old age of 23, never had pork. Any suggestions for using it?

April 16, 2014

meatballs!!!!!!! :D i know there are some really amazing asian inspired pork meatball recipes floating around out there :D

Linz @ Itz Linz

April 16, 2014

figs!! makes every dish a winner!!

glad you agree ;)

Livi

April 16, 2014

I haven’t tried pork chops yet (I’ve only been eating meat since december!) but this might just be the recipe to do it with!

April 16, 2014

oh yay let me know if you do :D

Fabulous and easy recipe and I love all the ingredients. Perfect. Will do this next time I have pork chops for sure :)

April 16, 2014

oh that makes me so happy :D

Ashley M

April 16, 2014

Wow! This look amazing! I LOVE all of those ingredients so I will definitely be trying this soon! Oh how I looooove figs! Can’t wait for more “Meg and Eddie Food Posts” :)

April 16, 2014

awwwww :) you’re adorable. i am sure excited to have more eddie on the blog too ;) let me know when you try this <3

Mmm, looks delicious!!! I loooove asparagus! So glad it’s back in season again!

ahhhh me too :D one of my favs :D

This look fabulous! I can’t wait to put it on our menu!

April 16, 2014

oh yay that makes me so excited :D

Jody - Fit at 56

April 16, 2014

I am not a pork chop fan but hubby is! Looks amazing!

April 16, 2014

if you prefer pork tenderloin sub that in! i much prefer the tenderloin :D

Hannah R.

April 16, 2014

This looks like a fancy restaurant meal! Nice work, Meg. I will definitely be trying the the kale, onion, and fig mix sans the pork:) That will be so fun to make create recipes with Eddie soon!

April 22, 2014

let me know when you try the combo :D add tempeh!!!!! <3

Sarah

December 23, 2014

How long did you bake these in the oven?
    Thxs for your kind reply!