Thinking Out Loud: 05/22

Thinking Out Loud: 05/22

Thinking Out Loud: 05/22

Last week I participated in my very first TOL! It was awesome. Random posts are my favourite, so get ready for them every Thursday!

Thinking-Out-Loud

1. I love Sephora. Ok, I don’t really love Sephora ($$$$$$$!), but I love the fact that they have nail polish “testers”. I went there the other day, gave myself a mani with said tester nail polish, spritzed myself with some perfume, and left.

2. I really loved the colour I chose to paint my nails with while at Sephora, so I bought the OPI look alike the very next day called Hopelessly In Love (and saved some $$$$ ;) )

3. I almost bought the new OPI colour called Chillin’ Like A Villain cause, seriously, that name is awesome, but I didn’t like the colour as much, so stuck with Hopelessly In Love.

4. I also really loved the perfume I tested out at Sephora. Who knew the Olsen twins would come up with such an amazing fragrance? It has officially been added to my birthday wish list.

Source

5. You must be wondering when my birthday is. It’s June 20th! I’ll give you a minute to write that on your calendar… ;)

6. I went to the theatre to go see Neighbors again, but with a different group of friends this time. I just needed to get out of the house and didn’t mind seeing the same movie for the second time in the same week. And, surprisingly, I actually liked it more the second time around. I laughed out loud more and probably caught a few more of the jokes. However, I did have to google what 420 meant… Yes I am that naive and oblivious to such things (You’ll know what I’m talking about if you saw the movie or if you watch the video below!)

7. Before the movie they showed trailers for 22 Jump Street. I absolutely adore Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill, so I think that’s a must see. I’m looking forward to when it hits theatres in June!

MV5BMTcwNzAxMDU1M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDE2NTU1MTE@._V1_SX214_AL_

8. I fell asleep while listening to a Balanced Bites podcast the other night and then started dreaming that I was best friends with Diane Sanfilippo and Liz Wolfe. It was so much fun and we had a blast hanging out at Diane’s house. If only dreams could be for real…

9. Speaking about dreams, we learnt in class that if you think about your dreams, talk about them, and share them with others, you can increase your health and lifespan! So, if you had a dream last night… share it! I want to hear it!

10. 42 days until I move home!

11. Tomorrow is High Five Friday! Please email me your high fives by tonight so I can feature you! :D (my email is adashofmeg@gmail.com)

Think out loud with me! What are some thoughts you’re having today? Any dreams to share?

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

42 Comments

Livi

May 22, 2014

I love that OPI!! So gorgeous for spring/summer! And your ring look amazing too!

Yay!! I wish you were coming to Blend this year so we could celebrate your birthday just a little early!! <3 <3

May 24, 2014

wouldn’t that be fun!? i’d demand a trip to cafe rio!

Sara @ LovingOnTheRun

May 22, 2014

Oh I love Sephora too! I am not allowed to go in there right now because we are on too tight of a budget :)

Michele

May 22, 2014

I love listening to paleo podcasts! The paleo solution with Robb Wolf is one of my favorites :)

May 24, 2014

i read his articles, but should start listening to him!

Christina

May 22, 2014

LOL this is why we are friends! Let’s go to Sephora together!

Thoughts I’m having today? I just bought an introductory package to a local yoga studio here! I have neglected my practice for quite some time so I am excited to take some time for myself today :)

May 24, 2014

me time is always amazing :) my favourite actually ;) and YES to a sephora date :)

Sophie

May 22, 2014

It always makes me sad that there are no Sephora stores where I live :( The OPI colour is amazing :)!

Random but wondering if you’d ever do a post on your daily nutrition/pre & post workout nutrition. I want to try whole30 but I weight train and know carbs are important for that, so I just don’t know how to get a balance with doing the whole30 thing and not eating too much vs too little?

p.s loving the blog! :)

May 24, 2014

hey sophie :) i could do a post about that… but i could also answer your questions in an email if you’d want to email me about your specific training :) my email is adashofmeg@gmail.com :)

from what you said above already, though… remember…. whole 30 isn’t about low carb :) paleo isn’t about low carb :) i have carbs all throughout the day and a large amount of starchy ones pre and post workout :) it works for me. i usually have about 2 or more cups of baked sweet potato post workout and pre workout is my breakfast when i usually have like 1/2 acorn/winter squash :)

Sophie

May 29, 2014

Thanks for the reply Meg :)

I suppose I just get used to seeing lots of ‘paleo’ pictures with low carb everywhere! I do remember you posting about having carbs pre and post workout, I was just wondering how you worked it out! My only problem is I’m never that hungry after the gym ha!

Thanks again Meg!!

Ashley

May 22, 2014

Love Sephora for the same reasons! I went the other day to grab some foundation powder, and while I was there I tested some perfumes as well. I think I tried on Gucci, and I enjoyed the scent the rest of the day. Glad to hear Neighbors was good! I’ll have to put that on my never ending list of movies to see…or wait until they come out on DVD or whatever ;)

May 24, 2014

yes you have to see it :D i am tempted to watch it again… my other friend wants to see it now hehe

Jenn@Mark My Miles!

May 22, 2014

I love Sephora and being able to test out all the products before purchasing them!

it’s wonderful!

What color is Chillin’ Like A Villain, exactly? Intriguing! I saw Neighbors with my husband and we laughed so hard… Can’t wait to see 22 Jump Street! Today’s my Friday… Those are my only thoughts today!

May 24, 2014

hmmmm the colour (from what i remember) was more of a white than the colour of my nails i posted. mine has a more peach hue where the chillin like a villain was more off white? i think if you did a google search for images you could see the colour :)

that OPI color is so cute, I love it! And now I’m going to have to see that movie! Haha and maybe 4/20 is a bigger deal in the states?

May 24, 2014

hahahaha no i am seriously that naive :) eddie was flabbergasted i didn’t know :)

Sephora is right up there with Lululemon as a store that I have a love/hate relationship with. Well, I love them, but my wallet doesn’t. And baby pink nails have been my jam lately. I’ve been painting mine with an OPI colour called I Theodora You for so long now, that I might actually finish an entire bottle. Crazy.

May 24, 2014

omg i have never finished a bottle, but that is how i feel about THIS colour :D

Melissa

May 22, 2014

I had the weirdest dream last night and part of it was that my tooth fell out and others were loose! I had to google it this morning to see what it meant, apparently it means anxiety and the fear of change.

May 24, 2014

oh wow! i definitely love looking up the meanings of my dreams! which site do you use? i use dream moods

So nice to hear other people do that in Sephora! haha

Love that feminine color :)

haha :) you’re not alone honey :D

Jordan Leigh

May 22, 2014

Okay so the fact that you did that at sephora cracks me up cause that’s the exact same thing I do. My mom gets embarrassed if I drag her in there and do that hahaha. I’m an indecisive shopper, I gotta test drive it first ;) I treated myself to my first manicure in ohh about eight years lol but I got almost that exact same color.
    And um can I join in your new friend group cause I’ve secretly always wanted to besties with Liz and Diane. I laugh so hard at Liz’s goat videos on Instagram.
    Ps no idea what 420 is either…
    Pss I’m you should probly send me your address so I can send you a birthday present ;)
    Psss

May 24, 2014

haha oh Jordan, my love, i love you so much :) why don’t you just come visit me on my birthday!? :D oh that would be wonderful :D

Jordan Leigh

May 25, 2014

Umm yes please!! I’ve never been to canada so I believe a trip is in order. All the sushi and tea places won’t know what hit them! ;)

May 25, 2014

HAHA oh we would have SO MUCH FUN together, lovie :)

Addie

May 22, 2014

That’s really intesting about the dream thing! I wonder why it is? I’d always been told not to talk about your dreams unless you want to bore someone to death ;) I love it when you share about what you are learning – you should share more!

ok :D i will start :D

Aren’t samples the best?! I always love spritzing on a little perfume when I walk through Sephora or the perfume section in a department store. :) Pretty nails too!

May 24, 2014

haha i can’t leave without sampling :D

Emily

May 22, 2014

I just bought the White version of the new Elizabeth & James perfume and I absolutely adore it! I opted for the roller ball instead of the large bottle (since perfume lasts me forever anyways) and I’m sooo happy with it. Hopefully you’ll get the black one for your birthday!

xoxo

May 24, 2014

do you like the black one too? i am very much a sandalwood smell person! i have always loved that smell :) i liked the white too though!

twins ;)

Domi @ Eat, Pray, Lift

May 22, 2014

I can’t wait to see Neighbors! I’m glad to hear that is was actually funny…I was nervous it would tank. Guess I’ll have to wrangle a movie date for the weekend. ;)

definitely go :D

Nancy

May 23, 2014

HAHAHA I love that you gave yourself a mani + spritzed yourself with perfume then “left” – I don’t know why that made me laugh, but it did. I think I”m in an exceptional mood today haha

May 24, 2014

nah it made me laugh too :)

I absolutely adore that nail color! :)

I was cracking up so much at the movie Neighbors. Can’t get enough of Seth Rogan’s movies. I also want to see 22 Jump Street. I was tearing up from laughing at the commercial. :’)