High Five Friday #118

by Meg on May 30, 2014

Good morning, loves!

We’ve almost made it to the weekend, but there’s just one last thing that we need to do!

High Five Friday!

highfivefriday

Thanks to all who participated this week! It truly means so much to me! HFF would be nothing if it weren’t for you! Thank you <3

The following high fives were submitted to me via email (adashofmeg@gmail.com) if you’d like to see yourself in next week’s HFF please email me your submission :D

Danielle - On Sunday was my second half marathon. I ran it with my 2 good friends. It was tough, but the motivation and inspiration we gave each other was amazing! So much positive self talk, and encouragement! We signed up to do it together months ago, we started the race together, and finished together! Finishing the race with these 2 ladies was amazing! And we were less than 30 seconds off our goal time! So high-five to my friends and I, for busting our butts and having it pay off!

image

Katie - This past Sunday I completed my third half marathon in Boston. I set out to have fun and just enjoy myself and ended up setting a new PR, beating my old time by 5 minutes! I couldn’t be more proud of myself for running such a great race.

10390500_10100174564169009_1676837458730737101_n-2

Meg - I’d love to give myself a high five for getting excited about optimum health! On Sunday I was diagnosed with Hashimoto Disease and at first I was so upset that I was so sick but now I  excited to learn how to get healthier, and eat even better for my needs.

FFD8F14C-CE26-40BE-8DE0-FD66FEE6C3BE

This week I will be giving myself a couple of high fives…

- for finally increasing my weight for OH presses! I’ve been working hard at this exercise, trying to increase my weight, and all my hard work is finally paying off! Now, I just have to keep getting better :D

- for being featured on Harvest Your Health today! After writing this post about reminders of self love and body peace, I was contacted by Todd and Laurenda, the voices behind Harvest Your Health, and was asked to write another post on positive body image and self love. I couldn’t turn this opportunity down. I love spreading the word about the importance of self love and having a positive body image while also sharing tips that I use in my daily life to help you achieve that. So, make sure to check out my post today on Harvest Your Health! :) Today’s post on Harvest Your Health talks about how health looks different on everyone!

What are you giving yourself a high five for this week? I want to hear why you’re proud of yourself today!

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More May 30, 2014 at 8:41 AM

You KNOW I love Fridays around here with all the positive energy and love, it’s just the greatest! High fives to everyone for being such amazing rockstars! :)

Can I give myself another high five for really owning my back squat this morning at CF? It was our strength work today and I maxed out at 5 reps at 75#! I really wasn’t sure I had it in me to do more than 1 but I wanted to try it. I did one and my trainer looked at me and said “I think you can do 5…keep going!” She stood there, offered her advice and reminded me to breathe when it was getting hard but I DID complete 5!

Meg May 30, 2014 at 8:53 PM

WOW KATIE!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!! So proud of you :) I really think you’re going to go farrrrrrr with this new venture :D

Linz @ Itz Linz May 30, 2014 at 9:23 AM

i’m giving myself a high five for incorporating lunges into my day – they’re sporadic but itz a start to getting back into my fitness!

Meg May 30, 2014 at 8:48 PM

that’s AWESOME LINZ!!!!!!!!!!!! high five :)

Giselle@myhealthyhappyhome May 30, 2014 at 9:25 AM

Congrats on the OH increase and on being featured on Harvest your health! That’s awesome!

Meg May 30, 2014 at 8:53 PM

thanks friend :D

Laura @FitMamaLove May 30, 2014 at 11:06 AM

Big high fives to everyone mentioned today! There’s lots to be proud of!

Meg June 1, 2014 at 7:21 AM

always so much to be proud of :D

Michele May 30, 2014 at 11:18 AM

Hi five to me for finally getting started on social media! Things like instagram and twitter totally intimidate me but I’m now seeing they can be really fun and great for networking as well.

Congrats on being featured and glad you are getting opportunities to spread a positive message. Going to check that post out now.

Meg May 30, 2014 at 8:54 PM

thanks for checking my post out :D congrats to you love!!!!!!! what’s your IG?

Michele May 31, 2014 at 11:21 AM

Paleorunningmomma :)

Meg June 1, 2014 at 7:21 AM

Dominique @ Eat, Pray, Lift May 30, 2014 at 4:18 PM

These are all so exciting to read! Virtual high fives to everyone! (And heading over to read your feature post now!) Have a great weekend, doll! :)

Meg May 30, 2014 at 8:54 PM

Emily May 31, 2014 at 5:14 PM

Congratulations on your feature and for increasing your weight on OH presses! That’s so awesome. I’ve [finally] started lifting weights again and I’m having the time of my life. It’s amazing what a difference it makes when your body is healthy and fueled properly! I can’t wait to start increasing my weights as well.

xoxo

Meg June 1, 2014 at 7:23 AM

i am so happy to hear you’re lifting again sis :) i hope we can catch up soon! i am so proud of all you do <3