Thinking Out Loud: 06/26
If you missed me yesterday don’t worry I am back and alive! ;)
Yesterday was a travel day (I flew back to London after spending a week in Yorkton with my parents and Eddie for my birthday) and I decided to take a day off from social media and blogging, as well.
After a full day away from everything, I have a lot to share with you. A lot of random things to share, so it is a perfect time for another Thinking Out Loud post! :D
1. In exactly 1 week I will be on my way back to Yorkton, but this time I will be staying there for good! No more of this long distance relationship stuff. No more living 30 hours away from the people I love most. I am so excited and I’m not about it hide it! :D
2. Whenever I workout in Yorkton I always feel like I am stronger (or that the weights feel much lighter?) The Olympic bar feels about 20 pounds lighter than it does when I pick it up here in London, but I checked and it’s the same 45 pounds as it is here. I’m not sure the reasoning behind this incredible strength I get while in Yorkton, but it always results in some PR’s for me! So, I’m not complaining ;)
3. I had the best pedicure of my life on Tuesday. I went to a new spa in Yorkton called The Spa and IMHO they give the best pedicures ever! They rubbed my feet with a salt scrub, used paraffin wax, and gave me a glorious food massage. My feet have never felt so soft. I am so happy that my new favourite spa is in my hometown! :D
4. And of course, clumsy me had to go and ruin my best pedicure ever. Smudged within 5 minutes. It’s my own fault and unfortunately I don’t own any pink nail polish to touch it up.
5. As excited as I am to move back to Saskatchewan, I am not excited about the amount of mosquitos they have there! After living in Ontario for the past 4 years, I kind of forgot mosquitos even existed, but they do and I got bit a lot this past week. Oh well, I suppose every place in the world has its downfalls!
6. Eddie got Instagram! We were going to make his username @adashofeddie, but settled with @edwardcullen19 instead. Ideally, his username would have been @therealedwardcullen, but of course that was taken! Too bad.
7. Eddie introduced me to some new tunes while I was visiting him this past week – Milky Chance. We had the song Down By The River on repeat this whole week. Although it is no where near as amazing as my beloved Pharrell Williams album, GIRL, I had to give him creds for introducing me to some pretty awesome new tunes ;)
8. Have you ever discovered a new band and thought you must be the first person to find them and then realize the entire world already knows about them and you’re actually the one living in a hole? Yeah, ok, well that’s kind of the deal with Eddie and I and Milky Chance. Eddie thought he discovered them, but then later on this week we realized their songs are already all over the charts. I guess we’re not as up with the times as we thought.
9. My Mom and I planted an herb garden together while I was at home. We have 4 different types of basil (sweet, Asian, purple, and cinnamon), parsley, sage, rosemary, thyme, oregano, cilantro, and four different types of mint (chocolate, mojito, ginger, and pineapple). I love using different herbs in a variety of different ways and am really excited to play around with them this summer!
10. Tomorrow’s High Five Friday and I really want to celebrate your successes from this past week, so email me your HFF submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org! :D Thank you!
What’s on your mind today?
Tags: #thinkingoutloud, down by the river, eddie, gardening, herbs, Instagram, milky chance, music, pedicure, review, songs, summer, the spa, thinking out loud, thursday thoughts, yorkton, yorkton saskatchewan