Favourites of London
Today is my last full day of living in London, Ontario. Tomorrow I will be boarding a plane and making my move to Saskatchewan to live with my fiancé and parents once again. As excited as I am to move back to my hometown and start my life with the people I love most in this world, it is bittersweet.
I’ve lived in London for 4 years and have thoroughly enjoyed all of them. Making the big move to London, Ontario from Yorkton, Saskatchewan was one of the best things I’ve ever done for myself. It allowed me to discover myself and really tap into who I truly am.
If it wasn’t for moving to London I wouldn’t have been able to grow into the person I am today, complete my Bachelor of Science in Food and Nutrition at Brescia University College, study to become a Registered Holistic Nutritionist at The Canadian School of Natural Nutrition, meet some of my best friends, and, most importantly, my fiancé!
As you can see, London truly has been great to me, but it is time to move home now! Living 30 hours away from my family is rough and I’m ready to start my life in Yorkton! So, today, in honour of my love for London, I will be sharing some of my favourites of London with you…
Some of my favourite places to visit in London include:
– The Covent Garden Market. This place always makes me happy! It’s like one big indoor farmers market that runs 7 days per week!
– Richmond Row. This is the busiest street of London’s downtown. It’s filled with great shops and restaurants! If you’re touring London you’ll have to take a walk down Richmond and if you’re from London you know how great Richmond is!
– Victoria Park. Victoria Park is located on Richmond Row and it’s where the summer festivals are hosted, but I also love grabbing a tea from Starbucks (which is right across the street) and taking a stroll through the park. It’s especially pretty in the winter time because they have it all lit up!
– Starbucks. I know Starbucks isn’t unique to London, but London does have a few beautiful locations, the one in Byron on Commissioners Road being my favourite. It’s so home-y! Amanda and I have had several study sessions there! ;)
– Remark. This is my favourite grocery store. It carries a lot of local produce, which makes me happy, but I also like it because the people there are always so friendly, too! I can always tell which produce I buy at Remark vs. a Superstore/Loblaws – Remark’s produce always tastes best!
– Springbank Park. Another park that I love walking through! It’s right along the river and really peaceful.
– Fire Roasted Coffee Cafe. This is a newer favourite of mine, but it definitely had to make the list! They have delicious iced teas, teas, and coffees, but my favourite part? Their homemade chocolate! Yes, they make chocolate right at the location on King Street in London! The dark chocolate is my favourite!
Some of my favourite restaurants here are…
– Bungalow. This restaurant is so cool because it is in a bungalow house and tucked away in a beautiful London neighbourhood, too! They have a great menu, but are famous for their burgers! The buffalo burger is my personal favourite! I’ve been here quite a few times and my food has always been exceptional!
– Blu Duby. Again, another restaurant that I have been to numerous times just because it is so good! The servers are also really great and the atmosphere is gorgeous, too!
– Sho Gun. This is my favourite sushi restaurant (they know me very well there!) however not a lot of people know about it, but once I introduce people to this restaurant they always leave telling me that it was the best sushi they’ve ever had! I know my stuff ;) So trust me on this one, if you’re looking for amazing sushi in London go to Sho Gun!
– Milestones. Despite this being a chain restaurant, I still had to include it in my list! There are two different Milestones locations in London, but the one located in the mall that I visit on a daily basis is particularly special in my heart! I used to work there, but it is also the restaurant my Mom and I always go to when she visits and we spend the day shopping!
– Ben Thanh. I was introduced to this restaurant very soon after moving to London 4 years ago and I was happy to hear that it was Eddie’s favourite restaurant when I met him. We went almost weekly it seems. It was our go to restaurant if we were in the mood for pho or anything thai!
There is so much I love about London and I’m sure that I’m missing a lot of my other favourites, but this list includes the places and restaurants I frequented the most!
I hope you enjoyed todays post and visit at least one of these places your next time in London!
Londoners… are any of my favourites your favourites, too? Non-Londoners… what are some of your favourite places where you live?
See you tomorrow!
Tags: ben thanh, blu duby, bungalow, covent garden market, dark chocolate, DavidsTea, downtown, fire roasted coffee cafe, London, Lululemon, masonville mall, Milestones, Ontario, remark, restaurant, restaurants, review, richmond row, sho gun, springbank park, Starbucks, sushi, victoria park