Life Lately

by Meg on July 15, 2014

Oh, hey!

Remember me? ;)

I sure hope so! I haven’t been gone for too long, but I have missed you!

I can’t believe it’s been an entire week since I’ve last posted. Sorry to leave you hanging, but life happened and blogging was just not on the top of my to do list, but now I have a few moments to myself and am able to give you a little bit of an update on what’s been happing in my life lately…

Last week an uncle of mine passed away, so that was a hard week and we’ve had (and still have) a lot of relatives down visiting, so I’ve just been trying to spend as much time with my family as possible during this time.

I’ve also been a lot busier with school than I anticipated. As I mentioned before, even though I am done my classes at CSNN, I have to study all summer for the final board exam to become a Registered Holistic Nutritionist and complete a total of 14 case studies from now until August 22nd. So, I’ve been spending a lot of time in front of a computer screen, working on my case studies; therefore, any “free time” I make for myself includes time away from the computer screen, which equals less blogging.

I’m also really just enjoying being back home. After 4 years of living away from my parents and after 6 months of living away from my fiancé, I am enjoying every moment I have here with them.

Eddie and I have been having a lot of date nights lately, which has included a lot of salmon and veggie grilling and movie nights! I’m currently obsessed with grilled salmon, zucchini, mushrooms, onions, and sweet peppers.

We recently watched the movie Bad Words, which we both enjoyed and laughed out loud a few times to, but when we tried to watch Anchorman 2, we both agreed to shut it off after 45 minutes in because we thought it was pretty lame.

On Sunday night, Eddie and I slept over at my parents’ new cabin at the lake for the first time. It was so cozy and fun to get away from the city for a night, but the mosquitos were insane; however, I had the best sleep of my life and loved waking up with the sun and to the sound of the birds, so I think that made up for the 50 extra mosquito bites I left with ;)

Eddie and I have also discovered a new band thanks to SNL. They’re called The National and I am currently addicted to their song I Need My Girl. I hope you enjoy it, too!

Today I plan to work on my case studies for the majority of the day, but I also have a lunch date with my Mom and a few of my Aunties and Grandma. It should be a fun outing for the girls!

I look forward to Tuesdays and Thursdays as those are my Mom’s days off from work and we usually spend the days together.

I hope you all had a great start to your week and will talk to you again soon! I’m not sure when, but I will pop in every week for sure or whenever I am feeling inspired and give you an update on what’s going on in my life! Until then, I highly recommend reading this post by Lindsay Cotter about Digital Detoxing. After a week off of blogging and a lot less time spent on other forms of social media (especially Instagram), I can strongly relate to this post and agree that after my “digital detox”, my mind is much more at ease and I’m more engaged in everything around me.

If you want to read more about digital detoxing, give my post about Insta-cleansing and Insta-fasting a read! :)

Jenn@Mark My Miles! July 15, 2014 at 10:20 AM

Love those posts! I just returned after a digital detox myself and am loving the balance I have now. Have a great week and I’m so sorry to hear about your family’s loss.

Livi July 15, 2014 at 10:43 AM

Anything tastes better on the grill! Yum!

Samantha @ The Faithful Runner July 15, 2014 at 11:08 AM

It is SO great to hear what’s going on with you. I hope everything is going well and I wish you and your family my condolences. Keep up the hard work with your classes!

Coco July 15, 2014 at 3:21 PM

It made me smile when I read that you discovered The National — Sean introduced me to them a couple years ago and I love them!! His voice is just so unique and soulful! Glad you’ve been having some great times lately!

lindsay July 15, 2014 at 3:28 PM

i’m so glad you are soaking it all up! enjoy that time with family and eddie. <3 you

Calista July 15, 2014 at 4:27 PM

I’m so sorry to hear of your family’s loss. I hope you continue to have a great week!!!!

Tara | Treble in the Kitchen July 15, 2014 at 4:44 PM

We did miss you, but it’s good to hear life is great…even though I had no doubt! :) and sorry about your uncle passing :(

Jody - Fit at 56 July 15, 2014 at 7:09 PM

LOVED that digital detox post!!!!!

HUGE HUGS on your loss!!!! Just take time for you!

I love that first pic – where is it?

Purelytwins July 15, 2014 at 7:26 PM

enjoy your time with family!!! that’s what life is all about!! sorry about your uncle – you are in our thoughts and prayers. we will catch up soon! take care sweetie

Marie July 15, 2014 at 10:02 PM

Hi Meg,

I looove your posts. I love how vulnerable you are and sorry about your family loss. I think digital detoxing is SO important, unfortunately it takes courage to do so. Specially when having a blog! But it’s way more important to enjoy the “real” life :) So happy you’re having a great time :)
Soak it all up!

Hugs Marie

Nicole July 15, 2014 at 10:17 PM

The National isn’t new! They’ve been making music for decades, well known in Cincinnati for over 10 years, and very popular around the nation for a few years. But maybe they’re just coming to Canada… They’re great. Enjoy!

Traci July 15, 2014 at 10:21 PM

Congrats on your big move! I love a good digital detox.

serena July 16, 2014 at 4:22 AM

I’m seeing The National next week!! so excited! :D

Lisa July 16, 2014 at 8:46 AM

I’m sorry to hear about your family’s loss, and I’m glad you’re taking time to spend your free moments with them.

In your previous post, you mentioned to ask questions about finishing school and I’m looking forward to hearing your answers. Will you be answering them at all?

Cassie July 17, 2014 at 9:21 AM

The National is so amazing, no clue they were on SNL. I’ve been listening to them since high school. I saw them live last year – almost haunting they were so good!

Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries July 17, 2014 at 10:55 AM

So glad to hear you’ve been enjoying quality time with you family. I am sorry that your uncle passed though. Huge hugs to you! Grilled salmon + veggies is one of my favorite meals. So good!

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More July 20, 2014 at 7:51 AM

Love that you’re getting all this time with your family and Eddie!! Love you girlie!

Melissa @ Treats With a Twist July 24, 2014 at 10:37 AM

Sorry about your loss!
Enjoy all of those sparse free moments between case studies. Can’t wait to hear more about holistic nutrition as you make it your career! I’m actually going to speak to a holistic nutritionist in my community soon so I’m excited to see what she has to tell me.

Amina July 25, 2014 at 10:41 PM

If you love The National and need a movie to watch, I reend the documentary the lead singer’s brother made. It’s pretty good! I can’t recall the name but we found it on Netflix!