Weekly Highlights

by Meg on July 21, 2014

Good morning, loves!

Thanks for all of your sweet words regarding my Uncle’s passing. This week has been a lot better, a lot more happy, filled with a lot of good moments with the people I love most!

As I mentioned last week, I’m a lot busier with school and studying than I had expected, so I won’t be blogging as frequently as I have in the past, but I’m thinking that a weekly post updating you on the highlights of my week will fit my schedule for now. So, here’s the first of a few Weekly Highlights posts!

Last night Eddie and I started a new series on Netflix. We’ve watched Dexter and Nurse Jackie in the past, and loved both, but last night we started the series Suits.

1339072817159_suits_s2_vod_keyart_2x1_overlay_590_295

I’m not one to just sit in front of the TV and watch, but when I find a good series I don’t mind sitting down in the evenings and watching a few episodes. After dinner last night, Eddie and I watched the first two episodes of Suits and really like it. I think that acting is really good and I like the storyline, too! I highly recommend it.

Eddie and I have also been doing a lot of cooking together lately.

A few days ago we created a Mexican inspired cauliflower rice and served it along side smoked salmon.

Then yesterday morning I used the leftover Mexican cauliflower rice and mixed it with chicken and sweet potato then topped it with a dippy egg!

We don’t have a recipe for the rice just yet, but as soon as we have the specific amounts for the ingredients figured out and some nice pictures taken, I will share the recipe with you!

Yesterday we also experimented with organic ground lamb. We came across this organic ground lamb at Dad’s Organic Market¬†and decided to treat ourselves to it. We both love burgers and I’ve never tried ground lamb before, so we made some burgers, grilled them up, and enjoyed them on Sunday afternoon for lunch!

They were the best burgers that have ever entered my mouth. Oh my goodness. There are no words to describe how delicious they were. Eddie also created a marinated salad to top them with. Stay tuned for recipes! :D

This coming week will include a lot of studying and time spent with my family! So, I will see you next Monday with another Weekly Highlights post! See you then!

Love,

Have you ever had a lamb burger before? What type of burger is your favourite?

Brittany July 21, 2014 at 10:54 AM

Suits is my FAVOURITE!! You’ve got done catching up to do my dear ;)

Emily July 21, 2014 at 11:39 AM

I just watched Nurse Jackie for the first time last night. Getting so hooked!

Samantha @ The Faithful Runner July 21, 2014 at 11:40 AM

I love how the both of you work in the kitchen together. I could NEVER get my husband in there to help me. I love lamb, but have never had a lamb burger before. I love elk burgers the most. Can’t wait to see your recipe!

Karey @ Nutty About Health July 21, 2014 at 11:48 AM

I’ve never had lamb before, but have heard it’s very good. I’m looking for a new Netflix series to check out, so I’ll definitely look into Suits, thanks!
Good luck w/the studying! That’s what I’m heading off to do now too.

Jamie @ ThatDoctorGirl July 21, 2014 at 12:36 PM

I have never had a lamb burger, but I absolutely love bison burgers! Can’t wait for the recipe!

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More July 21, 2014 at 12:39 PM

I would like the recipe for that Mexican cauliflower rice PLEASE! ;)

Cara's Healthy Cravings July 21, 2014 at 12:59 PM

Suits is a fav show of mine and my husbands! So entertaining…and I love how it’s shot in TO, so you can spot a bunch of places around the city…I am still hoping I will stumble on their set someday :)

Dominique @ Eat, Pray, Lift July 21, 2014 at 3:45 PM

So sorry to hear about your uncle. <3 Glad you've been enjoying time with your fam and with your man, and lots of great food to boot! Good luck with all the studying!

Michele July 21, 2014 at 3:53 PM

I’m a big fan of lamb burgers and the flavor of ground lamb and I’m working on doing a few different versions of them. Last week I put garlic, cumin, minced onion, and oregano in them and topped with a dill mayo and they turned out great. Yours look incredible!

Livi @ Eat, Pray, Work It Out July 21, 2014 at 7:26 PM

Suits is a great show!!
and OMGoodness, that lamb burger sounds incredible!

Jody - Fit at 56 July 21, 2014 at 7:33 PM

I think I missed the uncle passing – I am losing track of time… BUT HUGE HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cassie July 21, 2014 at 8:18 PM

I had a lamb sider in Cinci a few weeks ago… so tasty! I think my favorite burger is a toss up between bison, salmon and chicken… something about chicken burgers just get me!

diana July 21, 2014 at 8:51 PM

so i just recently dropped my vegan status (and am truly in recovery from my eating disorder ) and I have to say burgers have been my most frequent craving. I love burgers. All burgers :) My favorite so far have been 1) my aunts home made 3 meat mixture , grilled to perfection with my favorite fixings! 2) swiss cheese and mushroom burger mmmmmmmmmmmm
3) veggie burger

I must say that turkey and veggie are still my favorites. I just am not fond of the beef taste, its ok, but i like the other s much better. SSmothered in cheese, onions, pickles, and jersey tomatoes…….

Linz @ Itz Linz July 21, 2014 at 10:20 PM

can’t say i’ve ever had a lamb burger – i like a regular ol’ beef burger :) :)

Natalie @ lovenataliemarie July 22, 2014 at 12:10 PM

My oh my.. that cauliflower rice caught my attention! I’ve never had a lamb burger before. I’m curious to try it out. :)

Nichole @2healthnuts July 25, 2014 at 1:57 PM

I love cauli rice and am always looking for new ways to make it. Can’t wait for the recipe!