Good Monday morning!
Instead of a Weekly Highlights post this week, I’ve decided to share mine and Eddie’s recipe for Mexican Cauliflower Rice.
Eddie and I really love Mexican inspired dishes. We often make ourselves “taco bowls” for a quick dinner which includes greens, ground meat, any vegetables we have on hand, salsa, and avocado. Extra avocado on mine, of course. I get extra avocado on everything.
So, since we love Mexican inspired dishes so much, Eddie decided that we better create a Mexican cauliflower rice and since creating this recipe, we’ve made it twice already and always wish we made a bigger batch. It is so good. Even the leftovers are delicious.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!
Mexican Cauliflower Rice
1 head of cauliflower, broken into florets
1 sweet onion, diced
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp chili powder
1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
sea salt to taste
1. Heat coconut oil in a pan over medium heat. Once melted, add onions and garlic and begin to sauté.
2. Meanwhile, rice cauliflower in a food processor.
3. Once the onions are almost translucent, add cauliflower to pan.
4. Stir up the onion and cauliflower and continue to do so over medium heat.
5. Add seasonings and mix thoroughly.
6. Remove from heat after 10 – 15 minutes and serve.
Let me know if you try this recipe!