Sundried Tomato Lamb Burgers

by Meg on August 4, 2014

A few years ago if my parents were to suggest lamb for dinner I would turn up my nose. I always felt as though the flavour of lamb meat was much too powerful and overwhelming.

However, within the past month, Eddie and I have enjoyed lamb a few times and now it is one of my most favourite things to eat. I no longer find it overwhelming or too powerful. Rather, it is full of flavour and absolutely to die for.

We’ve been purchasing our lamb meat at Dad’s Organic Market. We’ve been buying the organic ground lamb and enjoying it in many different ways, but these lamb burgers that we created a couple of weeks ago seem to be our overall favourite!

Lamb is rich in essential fatty acids as well as antioxidants, selenium and zinc. I absolutely love adding lamb into my weekly rotation and I hope you love this recipe for lamb burgers as much as Eddie and I do!

Sundried Tomato Lamb BurgersĀ

Serves 2

Ingredients:
1 lb. ground lamb (preferably organic, grass fed)
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 large red onion, minced
4 sundried tomatoes, diced
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix until all ingredients are distributed evenly throughout the meat. Divide into 2 patties. Grill and serve when done.

We served our burgers with a side of plantain fries, but also decided to top them with a marinated tomato and cucumber salad. We tossed cucumber, tomatoes, and red onions in a mixture of lime infused extra virgin olive oil and rice wine vinegar and a little sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. It was the perfect addition.

Let me know if you try this recipe and if you do, let me see it on Instagram! Share your picture and tag me @adashofmeg and Eddie @edwardcullen19 :) We are looking forward to seeing your pictures!

Amanda Browning August 4, 2014 at 10:51 AM

what kind of sun-dried tomatoes? the kind packed in oil, or the ones that are just dry with nothing on them?

i don’t even know where i would get lamb, but i will make this with some kind of ground meat without a doubt! i kind of forgot about how fantastic sun-dried tomatoes are!

Meg August 4, 2014 at 6:45 PM

we used the ones that were NOT packed in oil :) buy the package of them from superstore next to the cherry tomatoes ;) those are the ones we used! :)
let me know when you try this, babe :) superstore does have ground lamb, but i know it isn’t organic!

april August 4, 2014 at 12:05 PM

i’m not a fan of lamb, but i’d love to try this recipe with ground turkey! i’m also a big fan of tomato and cucumber salads – so summery and refreshing :)

Emily August 4, 2014 at 12:24 PM

Ooh, this looks so good! My husband loves lamb, but I haven’t seen ground lamb, at least where I shop. Do you usually have to go to a butcher or specialty meat shop?

Samantha @ The Faithful Runner August 4, 2014 at 1:27 PM

Yummy! I wish I had somewhere here where I could get my hands on some lamb! Thanks for sharing!

Livi @ Eat, Pray, Work It Out August 4, 2014 at 3:10 PM

Yum! These look amazing!!

Giselle August 4, 2014 at 11:38 PM

We just tried lamb burgers for the first time a few weeks ago. I wasn’t a huge fan but I also just started eating red meat again after many years of not. I love sun dried tomatoes so maybe I would like this one!

Cassie August 5, 2014 at 8:56 AM

I have been thinking about making lamb burgers but wasn’t sure how they would turn out… so excited to try your recipe!!

Diana @sosmallsostrong August 5, 2014 at 12:26 PM

Oh man I love lamb! What a beautiful way to use it and plantain fries…yes please!!