My Favourite Quote

by Meg on August 6, 2014

I love quotes.

Whenever I’m feeling down, I turn to quotes to lift me back up.

In fact, I have a long long long list of quotes within my Notes app on my iPhone. I shared a few of these quotes with you a few months ago, but I’ve added to it since. My most recent addition to my list was added last night after I came across this quote on my Instagram feed.

Screen Shot 2014-08-06 at 8.32.10 PM

My very good friend Heather Waxman shared this touching quote last night and it hit my heart deeply.

“There can never be something wrong with your body.

There can only be something wrong with the thoughts you have about your body.

When you can change your thoughts about your body you can truly heal and learn to love it.”

I read this quote over and over again and just had to share it with as many people as possible, so I shared it on Facebook and then knew I had to write a blog post, devoting it entirely to this beautiful and truthful quote.

Screen Shot 2014-08-06 at 8.35.33 PM

It’s true. There really isn’t anything wrong with us. Ever. It’s our thoughts that are wrong and we just have to continually battle against them every time they feed us negative and wrong ideas and beliefs.

You are a flawless beauty. Stop looking in the mirror at yourself with critical eyes. Rather, use loving eyes every single time you look at yourself. Because you are beauty, flawless beauty, and those wrong thoughts just need to be ignored.

Livi @ Eat, Pray, Work It Out August 7, 2014 at 7:27 AM

I love this :) Thanks for sharing!

Emily August 7, 2014 at 8:23 AM

awww I saw this quote last night too and it made my heart melt :)
I’ve been working reallllllly hard lately to change the way I talk to myself. I finally realized that it’s a never ending journey….
When I catch myself I like to put my hand on my heart and close my eyes and simply say “I will not make war against my own heart”. It felt silly at first but I’m over it now! ;)

Heather August 7, 2014 at 2:49 PM

Emily, that is so GOREGOUS! What a beautiful thing to tell yourself daily. xo

Samantha @ The Faithful Runner August 7, 2014 at 10:19 AM

What a great quote. I’ve often experienced this and it’s hard to get rid of the negative thoughts. I hope to use this quote to help through the tough days!

Michele @ paleorunningmomma August 7, 2014 at 11:23 AM

So true and great reminder for all women! We can’t buy into the messages that we need to become more this that or whatever – this is what we’ve been told by the media who is interested in selling to us and not the truth at all. We can change our thoughts with practice I believe!

Aunie August 7, 2014 at 12:51 PM

this is so perfect to read today. it’s very easy to get down and discouraged on yourself, even if you’re trying your hardest to stay in your best shape. shoot, even when you look your best it can still happen. just the little reminder i needed today :) thanks for this!

Jody - Fit at 56 August 7, 2014 at 10:11 PM

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!

Mary @ Fit and Fed August 11, 2014 at 3:28 PM

Now that’s a thought that we women need to hear over and over again.

Marie August 11, 2014 at 6:30 PM

Oh I just broke down this morning in front of my mirror. It was magical. Kinda beautiful as I really got my living lenses on. I wrote a blogpost on it, will be up tomorrow :)

It resonates a lot about what I wrote today. About self-love and taking care of ourselves :)

Love your blog Megan, btw. I’ve been following you for a long time! You are truly inspiring and reading your posts makes me wanna keep going! Thx girl for you being you.
Xo Marie

GiGi Eats August 12, 2014 at 12:34 PM

Oh I love this quote. It totally speaks to me right now because I am having one of those “fat weeks” – However, I can simply change it to “fat day and a half” and shift my thinking RIGHT NOW! ;)

Emily August 17, 2014 at 6:28 PM

I love this. Lovelovelove.

Sending you a giant hug, gorgeous lady.

xx